2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows the leatherette seats on the 3 are swampy, but my biggest problem with them is how sticky they are. Ingress and especially egress are a pain. I have applied various conditioners, Pledge, etc, with mixed but always temporary success. Does anyone have a more long-term or even permanent solution?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: Tried the search without much success. Too many other topics with the word "sticky"...

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
Everyone knows the leatherette seats on the 3 are swampy, but my biggest problem with them is how sticky they are. Ingress and especially egress are a pain. I have applied various conditioners, Pledge, etc, with mixed but always temporary success. Does anyone have a more long-term or even permanent solution?
Vinyl seats have always been sticky. Always, from the dawn of time....:smile2:
Nothing you can do about it. You could Armor-All it, but then they get real slippery and kind of messy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've just been driving around with towels on the front seats. Not glamorous but far better than scalding myself on black pleather that's outside all the time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have no issue at all with my leatherette seats

If you're using any kind of 'conditioners' or armor all then that's most likely why you're having issues and feel the seats are 'sticky'

All you really need to do is clean them with a damp microfiber towel, nothing else

Also, so I don't have an issue burning my a** on the seats I always put on my custom fit windshield sun shade and close the cover on the sunroof (regardless if it looks cloudy)
Here in Houston summer heat, that is a must.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had side window deflectors put on to leave the windows down an inch or two during the summer. Keeps the car about 30 degrees cooler inside and protects from the pop-up Texas afternoon thunder bumpers.

Reactions: Chimphappyhour
1 - 7 of 7 Posts