2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with my Bose stereo ever since I bought the car in October 2014. The speakers go out, there is horrible static coming from all the door panel speakers even when nothing is playing. I've taken it to a dealership for it to get "fixed" over 5 times now and I thought the problem has gone away but now it came back. I am a little over 12,000 miles on my vehicle.

Are there any other actions I can take besides taking it back to the dealership? I am not too familiar with warranty issues and I am very new to buying a new car. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What have they replaced or fixed? After 5 times i would probably take it to another dealer. Ive had experience with lazy techs who just don't care to look into an issue before.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What have they replaced or fixed? After 5 times i would probably take it to another dealer. Ive had experience with lazy techs who just don't care to look into an issue before.

They have replaced the amplifier twice, and the TAU twice. They also replaced front driver side subwoofer cause it stopped working.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just keep bringing it back. I know that might be a PITA, but maybe the dealership will eventually notify Mazda HQ for advise. Or like nutter076 stated, bring to another dealer. make sure you keep a log of every call and appointment made.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
at some point you escalate to Mazda on the problem. They have enough service history on these problems to figure out how to fix it. Plus, if stuff keeps failing then even when you go past warranty it's still covered because the original problem was never fixed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just dropped it off at the dealership this morning, they have an appointment for a field engineer from Mazda to come and fix it. Thank you for the advice everyone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been about a week my car has been at the dealer. Latest update, the field engineer from Mazda says he can't reproduce the static I mentioned... of course.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: 2 weeks and 1 day later, I spoke to my service agent and he said the factory engineer said that I shouldn't be turning the bass and treble to the max setting because the Bose amplifier can't handle it... So they figured they're going to replace the amplifier and both rear speakers next Wednesday. So a total of 3 weeks my car has been in their hands.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Update: 2 weeks and 1 day later, I spoke to my service agent and he said the factory engineer said that I shouldn't be turning the bass and treble to the max setting because the Bose amplifier can't handle it... So they figured they're going to replace the amplifier and both rear speakers next Wednesday. So a total of 3 weeks my car has been in their hands.
Wtf, why would they program the system to allow the user to max it out if it's harmful. Fail on their part.

·
Registered
295 Posts
and then again, who listens stereo with these settings on max? Aren't instruments should be distinguished from each over when music is playing? Am I missing something here? :|

·
Registered
96 Posts
and then again, who listens stereo with these settings on max? Aren't instruments should be distinguished from each over when music is playing? Am I missing something here? :|
People who have damaged their hearing in the past
People who have no idea what music sounds like other than thump

·
Registered
295 Posts
People who have damaged their hearing in the past
People who have no idea what music sounds like other than thump
Oh, I see, and they did it 5 times in the row... I always considered thump is schockwave therapy for the bones, the ears must be covered to preserve good hearing :laugh2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts