2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2010 MZ3 with the bose idk about other Mazdas 3 but mine never turned on the Blue light in the middle of the stereo. The only way they turned on was when I turn the volume up or down, they would blink 3 times.

Ok so I did the cluster test where you hold the odometer button and turn the key to the on position. The screen then says test on the mileage screen.

I ended up some how turning on the light on the stereo. Its now on all the time I was unable to turn it off now

I want to know if any one else's light is on or off and if any one else has messed around with this

I noticed at one point it did a full gauge sweep I wonder if you can turn that on too.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Are you talking about the horizontal blue bar? When the car is running or on A/C, my Bose blue bar has always been on all the time and blinks when the volume is changed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its commonly on when music is on and off obviously when the stereo is off. It blinks three times on the left when you turn the volume up and three on the right when you turn it down. (could be the other way around)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd definitely appreciate having it set to do a gauge sweep, I have the pushbutton start tho so I don't know if I could do certain hacks like that, I saw a YouTube vid with some interesting tricks to change stuff like that but it was for a 1st gen and when I had my '08

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Its commonly on when music is on and off obviously when the stereo is off. It blinks three times on the left when you turn the volume up and three on the right when you turn it down. (could be the other way around)
I have the non bose system and mine is like this. I think mine is the other way around though. In my head it makes more sense that it will light up in the direction that you're turning the knob.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have non bose on a 2013 skyactiv and the blue bar is on all the time but the light around the volume is on only when i turn up the volume by hand, and it pulsates 3 times

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so what im hearing is that every one has the light on.

I swear ive had the car for 3+ years and even my wife noticed the diffrence.
the light was not off but very dim it would get bright when I raised/lowered the volume.

I also forgot to mention that I turned it on with opion 8

while on option 8 I turned the lights on and off and i noticed that the blue bar turned off and on aswell.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd definitely appreciate having it set to do a gauge sweep, I have the pushbutton start tho so I don't know if I could do certain hacks like that, I saw a YouTube vid with some interesting tricks to change stuff like that but it was for a 1st gen and when I had my '08

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Push the start button twice while holding the trip meter

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I believe to turn that blue light off and on u do it on the stereo by toggling through the settings (bass, treble,etc.) Until u find the illuminated EFT setting and switch it go on or off.....if ghats what yall trying to do?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called my mazda dealer and they had no idea of what I was saying. They didnt even know how to do the cluster test :turned:

I believe to turn that blue light off and on u do it on the stereo by toggling through the settings (bass, treble,etc.) Until u find the illuminated EFT setting and switch it go on or off.....if ghats what yall trying to do?
Like I mentioned before that only turns off the pulsating (3 blinks) when you change the volume, well atleast that what it does in my mz3.

Has any one else done the cluster test on their mz3?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts