2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a thread posted about this so I decided I'd make one. I just installed an AVH-X2500BT unit in my 2013 Mazda 3 Sedan non-bose. While installing it I noticed there was a wire on Pioneer harness for a "mute button" I wanted to know if there's a way to connect that wire to the steering wheel "mute button" since currently the mute button and volume controls along with the song advance/reverse button are disabled since I installed the aftermarket head unit. I've attached a page from the Pioneer X2500BT manual showing on the right where it mentions the mute button.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Is there a way to go upon using the wire from the Pioneer head unit's wire for the mute capabilities without having to purchase a device like that? Such as tapping the wire from the steering wheel.
You need a steering wheel control interface as has already been pointed out. This will restore your steering wheel controls as well as the mute. These are made by several manufacturers. Why would you not spend the extra few dollars for the inter face. I have this model in my car and it works great.
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/cart...tCurVID=118900&g=118900&useunknownparams=true

Pat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need a steering wheel control interface as has already been pointed out. This will restore your steering wheel controls as well as the mute. These are made by several manufacturers. Why would you not spend the extra few dollars for the inter face. I have this model in my car and it works great.
Car Selector

Pat.
Because if possible I like to do things without the assistance of devices, if it's as simple as tapping a wire I'd prefer to do it myself. I'm not about to drop $80 on a button.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Because if possible I like to do things without the assistance of devices, if it's as simple as tapping a wire I'd prefer to do it myself. I'm not about to drop $80 on a button.
Well actually you are not dropping 80 bucks on a button, it is a controller to give you the full function back of your steering wheel controls. It is not as simple as just tapping a wire you need the controller.

Your logic and reasoning does not make sense to me, you spent a bunch of dollars on a replacement head unit, yet you balk at 80 bucks to really complete the install to enjoy all the features.:rolleyes 1:

Pat.

Reactions: workdaddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well actually you are not dropping 80 bucks on a button, it is a controller to give you the full function back of your steering wheel controls. It is not as simple as just tapping a wire you need the controller.

Your logic and reasoning does not make sense to me, you spent a bunch of dollars on a replacement head unit, yet you balk at 80 bucks to really complete the install to enjoy all the features.:rolleyes 1:

Pat.
All I asked if there was a way to hook the "mute button" on the steering wheel to a "mute button" wire on my new head unit; It sounds entirely reasonable. I don't care about the other buttons or I'd have not made the thread about just the "mute button" and I certainly don't care about your careless opinion about throwing money at everything you encounter in order to solve a problem. Oh and yeah :rolleyes 1:

·
Registered
633 Posts
All I asked if there was a way to hook the "mute button" on the steering wheel to a "mute button" wire on my new head unit; It sounds entirely reasonable. I don't care about the other buttons or I'd have not made the thread about just the "mute button" and I certainly don't care about your careless opinion about throwing money at everything you encounter in order to solve a problem. Oh and yeah :rolleyes 1:

Word of advice noobie, you are not gonna get much advice around here if you persist with that shitty attitude.
You were told by other members that you needed the controller but you persisted in asking the same question
Pat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Word of advice noobie, you are not gonna get much advice around here if you persist with that shitty attitude.

Pat.
I'm sure calling people "noobies" is a great way to show how courteous you are. Great introduction, bravo.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm sure calling people "noobies" is a great way to show how courteous you are. Great introduction, bravo.
Well you are a noobie there is no getting around that, you have all of 7 posts, calling you a noobie is not disrespectful. Actually I think I was courteous in attempting to provide you with information.Any further attepts by you to engage me will be ignored.

Pat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts