2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So after approx. 31,000k or 1 year and 9 months of ownership the leather on my steering wheel is starting to peel, related issue can be found here:

Steering wheel replacement (warranty)

Photo:

It's quiet disappointing, since I was just doing my regular leather cleaning routine with "Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner" applying even pressure throughout the entire steering wheel surface. Also a while back the leather on the automatic gear knob started to peel but it was not a big deal or similar as per what is currently happening with the steering wheel.

Should this be covered under warranty?

Thanks!
I've been using an aftermarket leather cover since I got it. I have no idea the condition of the original leather.
Mine is the same. I've always had Mazdas and never had this issue I've only done 2700 miles in it and I've never scratched it or wear any rings but it's wearing where my right hand is on the wheel. It's very annoying and very noticeable with the driving experience.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Funny how some have had such a problem. I've owned my car for well over 5 years and I'm not a fan of the covers myself. All I do is put some leather conditioner on it twice a year. Besides one Nick I caused with my watch (my own stupidity) my steering wheel looks new.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts