2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a trip yesterday and I was noticing a LOT of sunlight glare off the emblem in the middle of the steering wheel. That got me thinking..

What do you guys think of the possibility of Plasti-dipping the steering wheel emblem? How difficult would it be to remove the front of the steering wheel and not have the air bags blow up in my face? :blush 1: Just mainly curious.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Never bothered me, but maybe you could try gently pryimg it out as it probably just clips on

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Never have any issues with glare from the emblem. Get some tint maybe? haha

·
Dont drive fast! Fly Low!
249 Posts
Never had this problem. Maybe the way you put your hands on the steering wheel would block the sun or get windows tinted.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
vinyl wrap it. Its really easy. You can sort of see mine in this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
looks 35% to me but wtf do I know? lol. I think if you were careful you could plasti dip it in the car. Or vinyl wrapping is cheap and easy too :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Windows are already tinted. I believe 35%.. maybe less. I don't have a meter to check, it's factory tint all around.
Definitely not true. I got 35% put on, and the meter reads 34%. If the factory tinted 35, and I put on 35 it would be much much less.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I didn't know Mazda factory tinted the windows darker than 70%. Maybe your dealer did it?

Interesting... Looks like that is 35% all around, yet it looks like Virginia's tint laws say only 50% is allowed in the front. I'm surprised dealers go against the tint laws.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, i dunno what it is, like I said. May be 50% all around. (I get the percentages mixed up..)

Definitely came from the dealer at least like this. Sittin' on the lot waiting for me as you see her.. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts