2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drive a 2015 Mazda 3 Ultimate (local name for the top trim that if offered in my country) and this car has been a pain in my ass since i bought it. I've been to the service 20 plus times, got stolen, got hit, there are some vibrations with high speed while accelerating... quite the unfortunate vehicle all together. But after my last visit im left puzzled. Worth noting the car was bought brand new in Europe, manufactured in Mexico and has the 165hp petrol engine with a manual transmission.

The car is at ~42 000 km and was told that need to change break pads (second time already) and this time break disks (rotors, not sure how it's properly translated)! I've always presumed that the break disks should survive at least to around 100k km. Is this normal according to your experience guys. Is the quality of the vehicle so low that life of such consumables is literally less than half. Im driving the car normally, try to avoid hard breaking and generally don't go quick accelerate and stop. I've driven 3 other mazdas before that but never had to change break disks

And my second beef is that i've got a noise coming out of the steering wheel area when rotating it. For my first 3 visit i was seemingly the only one able to hear that noise as everyone at the service couldn't. Last visit they've said they've disassembled the steering wheel and greased and aligned everything and if the noise persists its normal operation... noise is still there still the same. I've actually made a video with my phone where that noise is audible. This is a video of me rotating the steering wheel while stationary.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6b-3D6u6pwcTNUYl9rbUg4NGc/view?usp=sharing

Additionally i can see the spokes on the steering wheel slightly off to the right while driving forwards and was told that this was normal as well.

I'm going crazy as if this are real issues, they won't get better with time and the car is quickly approaching the end of its warranty. I'm seriously considering selling the car and ending my 12 year Mazda ownership instead of faced with the possibility of racking up very expensive repairs after warranty expires on a relatively new car...

Any thoughts guys, im not sure what to think.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble. You're in the minority, sorry to say. I have a Mexico built 15 and it's been wonderful.

The brakes is a known issue, there's a few tsb's on that here. I'd recommend printing them out and showing them to your dealer. You may have to search Google to find some that are local to your country/Europe.

One thing that can have an effect is how hard you have to brake on your regular drive. More heat will wear down the pads and rotors faster. We have a member here who drives on highways with a lot of lights on short timers. He gets forced to hit the brakes hard a lot. Myself, I drive mostly on freeways so I do very little braking and it's rare that I need to stop in a hurry. My brakes are original, over 75k kms and still going strong.

For your steering issues, wheel bearing and possibly the rack and motor comes to mind. It's a drive by wire system, so there's only so much that could go wrong that would cause what you describe.

Since your dealer doesn't seem to be helping, I'd suggest visiting another. Give them all the history and see if you can get this fixed before warranty expires.

Hate to see you sell off a good car at a loss.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly another dealer will mean outside of the country as there is only one here. I'm from Bulgaria and there is only one official.

I'm searching to post a complaint and I've been to the dealer top many times to be comfortable with and there should be some manufacturer responsibility for that. Really sad to hear about minority really throws me off a long standing brand I've driven for years.

Did you hear the noise on the video or just me going crazy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed that the back disks have no observable signs of wear but front are quite used. I thought they are to be some what similar

·
Registered
104 Posts
I drive a 2015 Mazda 3 Ultimate (local name for the top trim that if offered in my country) and this car has been a pain in my ass since i bought it. I've been to the service 20 plus times, got stolen, got hit, there are some vibrations with high speed while accelerating... quite the unfortunate vehicle all together. But after my last visit im left puzzled. Worth noting the car was bought brand new in Europe, manufactured in Mexico and has the 165hp petrol engine with a manual transmission.

The car is at ~42 000 km and was told that need to change break pads (second time already) and this time break disks (rotors, not sure how it's properly translated)! I've always presumed that the break disks should survive at least to around 100k km. Is this normal according to your experience guys. Is the quality of the vehicle so low that life of such consumables is literally less than half. Im driving the car normally, try to avoid hard breaking and generally don't go quick accelerate and stop. I've driven 3 other mazdas before that but never had to change break disks

And my second beef is that i've got a noise coming out of the steering wheel area when rotating it. For my first 3 visit i was seemingly the only one able to hear that noise as everyone at the service couldn't. Last visit they've said they've disassembled the steering wheel and greased and aligned everything and if the noise persists its normal operation... noise is still there still the same. I've actually made a video with my phone where that noise is audible. This is a video of me rotating the steering wheel while stationary.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6b-3D6u6pwcTNUYl9rbUg4NGc/view?usp=sharing

Additionally i can see the spokes on the steering wheel slightly off to the right while driving forwards and was told that this was normal as well.

I'm going crazy as if this are real issues, they won't get better with time and the car is quickly approaching the end of its warranty. I'm seriously considering selling the car and ending my 12 year Mazda ownership instead of faced with the possibility of racking up very expensive repairs after warranty expires on a relatively new car...

Any thoughts guys, im not sure what to think.

Thanks in advance
Have u fix the vibration problem when accelerating because i have same problem... been to dealer and they said its because of tyres... diffrent set and also same problem...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
-Vibration upon acceleration & high speed? If all suspension parts check out fine, find an alignment shop that has Hunter ROAD FORCE Balancing. It's the ultimate balancer.
-Easy way to rule out the control arm bushes would be to kick the tires front to back. If there is any hint of movement, your control arm bushes may be toast. Change em.
-Rotors? Have the runout tolerance tested. If bad, they'll cause vibrations upon braking....a reface or replacement might be needed. Fronts will normally wear faster.
-Steering noise? Have the steering column, bearings & joints checked.
The problems you have can be remedied by a competent mechanic easily. Hope they'd get sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts