2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Current Mods:
RM Springs 1.25" | CS SRI | CS RSB | CS RMM 80 duro | CS LED Light Kit | CS Stubby Antenna | CS Shifter Bushings | CS Black Aluminum Shift Knob 350gm | CS Exhaust w/ race pipe & high flow cat & exhaust hangars | CS Hood Struts | CS Rear Camber Arms | Color matched bumper insert & interior trim pieces | Painted SunGold emblems | OEM Rear Bumper Guards | RA Mudflaps Breast Cancer Edition | Tint: front 15% rear 5% | Stickers!!! | Weathertech Mats | Samsung LED Reverse lights | Smoked LED Rear Bumper Reflectors | Ultra Gauge | Morimoto Elite HID System 35w 5000k Low Beam & Fog lights | BWR Black Extended Lugnuts | Satin Sun Gold TSW Nurburgrings 18x8 +35 | Bridgestone Potenza RE11 235/40r18
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I have been on here for quite a while now and been meaning to start a build thread, but never got around to it. Until now.

I own a Dolphin Gray 2012 Mazda3 sTouring Hatchback MT. This is my 2nd MZ3, I had a Skyactiv before.
Here she is when i first got her, after one day of owner it I immediatly plasti dipped the wheels.

Yeah Blaze orange on the front. But that lasted like only a week, then just went all black. Usually it takes about 4 good coats. Or 3-4 cans of black should do the trick for all 4 wheels.

Couple days later after i had time, I was able to transfer my old mods from my SA to my 2.5.
Transfered my Corksport LED interior lights and Rear Swaybar. Also my Road Magnet 1.25 springs.

For the spring installation the rears are a piece of cake for one person at least. I'd say 20-30min for the rear. As far as the front goes, those are alil more trickier. Recommend having a buddy help you out, cause the process takes alil longer and its easy with two rather than one.

For those wondering I have the 1st gen sway bar and it's set to the stiffest setting (#3.) So far no issues with it. It has been holding up strong, best buy IMO.

Soon after i received more D.Gray paint from Automotivetouchup.com. I painted the emblum and grille insert to match the body color of the car.

Emblem Insert

Grille Insert

Above pics where from when i first did my paint job. Masking it off was the best I can do at the time cause I was nervous to take apart the bumper. But I think I did a pretty good job considering my newbie painting skills. When I had to replace it with new one I just took off the bumper and removed all the peices to make sure it would come out better than before. My recommendation is to take the extra time and spend the day taking it apart.

Next was plasti Dipping the emblums.

Rally Armor Mud Flaps Breast Cancer Edition

Plasti Dipped wheels again to Gold Metalizer.

When I layed the Metalizer I just made sure the black that was already on wheels was clean. Cause its best to have a base coat before you lay the Metalizer. The way I wanted my wheels to look I applied about 2 light/medium coats.

Corksport Stubby Antenna.

Ebay Hulk Eyelids. Had these on for awhile untill the 3M tape slowly started to come off. So i removed them to replace the tape, and accidentally broke the eylids. Waste of money IMO.

Then I got the brilliant idea to make my own eyelids using vinyl. So I basically mapped out the Hulk Eyelids and used Carbon Fiber Vinyl as my eyelids.

But before I layed the eyelids on, I used some of the left over D.gray paint i had and laye about 2-3 light coats. Next day i layed on the car. Took about 30min to do the job right.

Vinyl Wraped my emblems Gold to match my wheels.

Corksport Rear Motor Mount 70 duro

After saving my pennies. Finally was able to buy my exhaust.

CorkSport Power Series Exhaust System with Racepipe and High Flow Catalyst.

Here is a short sound clip i did using my GoPro that way you can hear what it sounds like.

So far thats about all i have done to the car. It's been about 8 months since day one, and im about to breach 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Badass car, and D. Gray family members!

I really wanna do my emblems like you did, and once I upgrade my wheels I'll be doing them gold, but probably a lighter gold than what you did.

How's the rmm vibrations vs performance compared to stock?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Badass car, and D. Gray family members!

I really wanna do my emblems like you did, and once I upgrade my wheels I'll be doing them gold, but probably a lighter gold than what you did.

How's the rmm vibrations vs performance compared to stock?
Thanks bro!
Well I could have gone a little more aggressive with the gold plasti but I didn't want it bright shiney.
But the RMM is great very smooth less engine movement when accelerating. Vs stock you feel it move. I also have the inserts that I put on my girlfriends car. It worked great felt more powerful just vibrated alil more. Btw hers was AT. Maybe cause it was a thinner piece compared to mine and it doesn't absorb the vibrations as well. Ask the @theitalianguy he has the inserts on his MT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Reactions: steelrain

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I was wondering how much paint you needed to paint the grill insert? Looks great on your car and I'm thinking of doing it on mine as well! Thanks

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey I was wondering how much paint you needed to paint the grill insert? Looks great on your car and I'm thinking of doing it on mine as well! Thanks
One can of primer, one can of base coat and one can of high gloss clear coat that should do the trick.

Nice job! If I may, I recommend you make up some alternate white lettering so it looks like this, LOL! :)
ROFL that's awesome!!

1 - 20 of 175 Posts