2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2018 with steel wheels and have sourced some used 2014 alloys. I called the dealer and they wanted $16 per lugnut lol. The fellow said that I could use the same lugnuts but appearance wise it would not be great. Does anyone know what lugnuts I need for 16 inch alloy rims? Do I also need to replace my tire wrench?? I believe these would work............??

amazon.com/gp/product/B001O0C8BO/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

·
Super Moderator
5,982 Posts
Anything that is 12 x 1.5 with a 60° cone seat will work.
As for the wrench, that depends on what lug nuts you get. 21mm is whats usually on the car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Most steel wheels (and Honda alloys) use lug nuts with spherical seats, but most alloy wheels need 60 degree conical seats. Most lug nuts are 19 mm, but Mazdas are 21 mm. IME the wrenches that come with Mazdas are too big (in the outside diameter) to use with aftermarket alloy wheels. 19 mm nuts will work but you need to carry one wrench for the wheels and another for the jack. I carry a 1/2 drive socket wrench with a 21 mm deep socket in case I need to change a tire on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most steel wheels (and Honda alloys) use lug nuts with spherical seats, but most alloy wheels need 60 degree conical seats. Most lug nuts are 19 mm, but Mazdas are 21 mm. IME the wrenches that come with Mazdas are too big (in the outside diameter) to use with aftermarket alloy wheels. 19 mm nuts will work but you need to carry one wrench for the wheels and another for the jack. I carry a 1/2 drive socket wrench with a 21 mm deep socket in case I need to change a tire on the road.
Thanks, appreciate it. I have a Celica I've replaced with the M3 and looks like the wrench is 21mm so that will work!

What is a reasonable used price for OEM 16" alloys? I think $300 - $500 for the set without tires?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts