2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Stealth subwoofer box

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  CerealKiller 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a place that make stealth sub-woofer boxes for the hatchback? I want to add a sub-woofer to my 18' GT.

#2 ·
If you live in the Southern California area (Los Angeles to San Diego)... Al & Ed's can do it.

I had them take out the Bose system and replace it with Focal speakers, an Alpine PDR-V75 amp that has a 350 RMS watt output for the sub. They will be installing a thin-line 10" Focal stealth sub with a box where the spare tire currently goes, when I'm ready for it.
CK

#5 ·
Thank you for cleaning it up arathol. There wasn't much drama, just one user trying to start crap.

Also, I'm not trying to bash the Bose system, I just wanted to share that there are better options out there for people that are interested in finding them. Some people take their audio very seriously and I was hoping to share my attempt at improving things for anyone interested.

The installer at Al & Ed's was also able to keep all of the original controls working properly with the Audiocontrol processor. I can use all of the HUD and steering wheel controls, as before, and the Bose AudioPilot and CenterPoint still work too.

Here are the components that were used to replace the Bose speakers (except the center dash speaker).

-Focal Speakers 6 1/2" 2 way components flax series PS165FX - Dash and front doors.
-Focal Speakers 6 1/2" access 2 way components 165AS - Rear doors and back speakers.
-Alpine Amp 4x100W + 1x350W PDR Series PDR-V75 - Under the driver seat.
-Audiocontrol Loc 8 Ch W aux-in/dash control gray processor LC8I - Under the passenger seat.
-Stinger amp power kit 6000 4 GA w/ in line midi SK6241
-Stinger Interconnect 4000 2ch 6 ft
-Stinger Hush Mat
-Dyna-Mat all doors.
CK
Here are the details on the parts. I think it was worth it. I can't wait to add the sub.
CK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.