2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could run into any issues with my 2010 Mazda3 Sport if I kept the (automatic) transmission in the semi-automatic mode? It's a bit more enjoyable than full automatic but not as much of a pain as a stick shift (during heavy traffic anyway).

I read somewhere, I think in the car's manual, that the semi-automatic mode can cause the transmission to overheat and make it switch back to full automatic mode, was wondering if I could run into this over-heating issue from just driving around town. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could run into any issues with my 2010 Mazda3 Sport if I kept the (automatic) transmission in the semi-automatic mode? It's a bit more enjoyable than full automatic but not as much of a pain as a stick shift (during heavy traffic anyway).

I read somewhere, I think in the car's manual, that the semi-automatic mode can cause the transmission to overheat and make it switch back to full automatic mode, was wondering if I could run into this over-heating issue from just driving around town. Thanks!
I'm not going to be the one to say that you can't run into trouble, but I've been using the "manual" mode on my automatic transmission almost since day one! I bought my car mid-may and have about 4800 miles and there hasn't been a problem yet!

I;m sure others will chime in and back up this claim as well as give info about how much is too much!

·
Registered
471 Posts
i used mine quite often in my '06. i got so antsy and pissy that it really didn't shift when i wanted it to, though. so i got a 6spd and bypassed it altogether. but i never had a prob with the semi-manual.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i used mine quite often in my '06. i got so antsy and pissy that it really didn't shift when i wanted it to, though. so i got a 6spd and bypassed it altogether. but i never had a prob with the semi-manual.
I agree. I had been using it for a while when i first got the car but now pretty much leave it in D. I wish i could skip gears when shifting by double pressing them fast. Also it always doesnt register a shift when i press it fast. I would have opted for a manual but when i bought the car i was doing a lot of rush hour traffic stop and go. Now my commute is pretty clear so i could have opted for one, but its nice to have the automatic so the gf can drive it when when needed from bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts