2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a Touring yesterday with the tech package, and was pretty happy with it except for one issue: I heard an intermittent crackling/static noise from the dash speakers when playing a certain song. This occurred when playing music off my iPhone both over Bluetooth and USB.

It was also not easily reproducible. I heard it in a certain part of a song with higher-frequency pianos. Playing that passage repeatedly, sometimes it would sound fine, sometimes it would crackle, with no discernible pattern.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wouldn't want to buy the car in this state, but it would be nice to have some theory as to why this would happen, something I could try and resolve so as not to have to totally write off the tech package.

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
I have not experienced this but my guess is it's the Bluetooth. Some sort of interference. I know my iPod doesn't play too well with this cars Bluetooth (iPod touch 2nd gen iOS 4.3 lol) but my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1) is fine.

Also maybe it's the song file on your phone. Sometimes when I download or add music to my phone the file will be messed up a little causing the song to skip, or random distortion or static.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened over both Bluetooth and USB, and sometimes the same song would be fine, sometimes it would have a problem. Bluetooth did introduce its own audio glitches, but not the same distortion I'm talking about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same issue; however, it happens when I use the window switch. When I spoke with Mazda about it they said that's how it is and that all the other new cars do the same thing. It's stupid. We're still fighting with the dealership to fix it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same issue; however, it happens when I use the window switch. When I spoke with Mazda about it they said that's how it is and that all the other new cars do the same thing. It's stupid. We're still fighting with the dealership to fix it.
So it's like some kind of electrical interference from the window switch when rolling the windows up and down? Weird.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I test drove a Touring yesterday with the tech package, and was pretty happy with it except for one issue: I heard an intermittent crackling/static noise from the dash speakers when playing a certain song. This occurred when playing music off my iPhone both over Bluetooth and USB.

It was also not easily reproducible. I heard it in a certain part of a song with higher-frequency pianos. Playing that passage repeatedly, sometimes it would sound fine, sometimes it would crackle, with no discernible pattern.

Has anyone else experienced this? I wouldn't want to buy the car in this state, but it would be nice to have some theory as to why this would happen, something I could try and resolve so as not to have to totally write off the tech package.
I get this intermittently with podcasts or talk radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem - crackling Bose stereo

Our 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sedan has the same problem. The radio crackles all around the car when we're just listening to the radio. We're going to call a dealer to see if they can suggest a fix. I hope they don't give us the excuse that it's the same with all new cars because that is the stupidest thing I've heard. It's certainly inexcusable considering it's a brand new vehicle worth over 20K.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sedan has the same problem. The radio crackles all around the car when we're just listening to the radio. We're going to call a dealer to see if they can suggest a fix. I hope they don't give us the excuse that it's the same with all new cars because that is the stupidest thing I've heard. It's certainly inexcusable considering it's a brand new vehicle worth over 20K.
Does it do this for other inputs, or just for the radio?

For what it's worth, I ended up buying a different model than the one I test drove -- an iGT with the Bose system -- and I've never heard the crackling noise I heard during that test drive. So I suspect it was just a problem with that particular car.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Is this the sound? http://youtu.be/Pdts3bf29LU

·
Registered
297 Posts
Its due to a terrible bluetooth module, 2014 Mazda 3 is using ADP 2.1, way outdated. Static, interrupted popping, just terrible. My 2012 Mazda 3 never had this issue as they used a better BT version (in an older model) - go figure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had My iTouring with the Tech Package for just over a month now. I herd that cracking too over bluetooth, but only once. I thought I blew the Bose system at first, But I haven't herd it again since. I almost always listen to music at full volume (63) and I added a JL sub. If I hear it again ill post about it. But I have no clue what it was from.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Whoa... you listen to the Bose system at full volume and the speakers haven't blown, or the door panels haven't developed a million rattles?!?!

= )

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's still holding solid no complaints. I listen to mostly EDM and the bass hasn't broke the car yet. The Bose system has a low frequency cut out around 47 volume. I guess it was engineered to not blow the doors off the car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dang. I barely turn up the volume on mine and the driver's door rattles like crazy.

Guess I better tak'er in to the dealership for a fix.

Is your bass all the way up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have my Bass eq at +6. You would think because I have a Sub in the trunk I should have it at 0, but the 9 inch woofers in the front doors don't get as low as a real sub woofer. But they do put out a good strong Mid bass.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Really? I think the midbass is almost completely missing. The bose system only seems to have highs and lows (although not uber lows), IMO.

I was thinking of trying to add a sub too, but I'd still be missing solid mids.

= (

How did you add your sub?

·
Registered
6 Posts
On this forum in another section it showed a wiring diagram of what goes in and out of the Bose amp under the passenger seat. Definitely look for that, it's really helpful. You want to splice into the input audio wires going into the amp. It's 4 wires on the black plug, thats the uncompressed audio inputs. At first I did the old school way, Line out Splicing, tapping into the rear speakers. That was a huge mistake, my sub just matched the Bose system cutting out around 47 volume. Find that wire digram post, tap into the wires and run them to the trunk. I'm using an audio control LC2i, to convert it to RCA outs. Obviously you have to run a power wire from the battery to the trunk, on these cars it's way to easy. Ground into anywhere in the trunk (scratch the paint, 1"x1" spot next to the spare tire.) and you should be all set. I was able to fit my AMP and Audio Control under the trunk mat in the space in the spare wheel so all you see in my trunk is a sub box. It's nice because I can take it out in a second when I need the space.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts