2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a few quotes from a couple Mazda dealerships in Northern California to perform 30K maintenance for about $1,100
Is this normal? I thought that was a rip off.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah it's a rip off, just like the only mazda dealer here on the island of Oahu... the dealer has their own (expensive) version of 30k maintenance...they add so much more to what the mazda recomended maintenance items to be checked... i find it ridiculous both for what they are asking you and also for our only Mazda dealer here in the island. Somethings I would just go to a trusty 3rd party service shop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is crazy indeed. Do you already know what the requirements are for a 30k mile service?
I would think you could get any shop to do what is required and keep the repair order for proof in case you need it for warranty coverage. Similar to doing your own oil changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received a few quotes from a couple Mazda dealerships in Northern California to perform 30K maintenance for about $1,100
Is this normal? I thought that was a rip off.
yeah it's a rip off, just like the only mazda dealer here on the island of Oahu... the dealer has their own (expensive) version of 30k maintenance...they add so much more to what the mazda recomended maintenance items to be checked... i find it ridiculous both for what they are asking you and also for our only Mazda dealer here in the island. Somethings I would just go to a trusty 3rd party service shop.
Thanks for your responses. Should I have Midas do it? Would you trust them doing it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts