2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I am working on this and might need some help, I have The screen, CMU, Controller Knob and usb port with all it harness connected and I'm using a 12 v 3Amps power supply, but it doesn't turn on, just the fan for a few seconds, do I need the Body Control Module to make this work out of the car?

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is just a guess, but the CMU only boots when the car is unlocked/door open, and the screen only turns on when you turn on the car (in whatever way). It may be looking for a signal to turn on the cmu/screen, similar to a power button on a computer.

Whether that comes form the BCM or not, I don’t know.

·
Registered
405 Posts
hello everyone, I am working on this and might need some help, I have The screen, CMU, Controller Knob and usb port with all it harness connected and I'm using a 12 v 3Amps power supply, but it doesn't turn on, just the fan for a few seconds, do I need the Body Control Module to make this work out of the car?
The CMU and Screen need ACC and B+ to powering on. Did you connect both wire to them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I try to do this too. I have full wiring diagram for Mazda connect. For all modules there is ground, b+ and something called "PWR CTRL OUT". It's a connection between control board, display and USB hub. I can't power it all too, I'll try to power it with can message idk if this would help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts