2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Ive been going through a lot of Threads just looking for what kind of stance people have I found a few in the rims section so Im posting here hoping I can see more.
So I just want to see what your cars look lowered, it can be on springs, coils, camber, no camber, rims, or stock rims.
Before and after pics would be great :yes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Ill get the ball rolling lol I just lowered mine on megan racing coils but i want to see what you guys have for inspiration lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
790 Posts

Here ya go! :D

EDIT:
18x9 +30 BBS Style 5 replicas
215/35 18 Nankang NS-20 (except one Falken 912)

Raceland Coilovers
Removed front helper spring and rear perches

FRONT: -3" -2°camber
Corksport camber plates

REAR: -3.25" -3°camber
SPC Camber Arms

Rolled/pulled front fenders
Cut rear fender lip and front bumper tabs

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
72 Posts
There's nothing to be gained here if people don't post up the following info with their pics.
  • Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset)
  • Tire size (section width and sidewall aspect ratio)
  • Are spacers present? If so, where are they mounted and what size are they?
  • Suspension - Type springs? Type struts? If coilovers then how low are they set?
  • Camber settings on front and rear?
Don't mind me. :stuart: This all could just be my can of loud mouth malted talking but, I still think the above info is cruical for others to understand how you all achieved your stance.

Reactions: m3speed

·
Registered
36 Posts
im curious about spacers. what size makes them flush with the fenders 10 up front 25 in the rear? i swore i saw that some where. someone correct me if im wrong please.

·
Registered
150 Posts
RX8 Rims, powder coated black (twice) -
225/40R18 92W Falcons -
1.25 Road Magnets in front, 1.75 in rear (rears still settling)
Factory Suspension other than springs -
Did not roll fenders (yet..)
Camber in the green still-

Before

After

Reactions: Cruxless

·
Registered
641 Posts
im curious about spacers. what size makes them flush with the fenders 10 up front 25 in the rear? i swore i saw that some where. someone correct me if im wrong please.
Depends on the width and offset of the wheel. I have 8.5 with a +45 offset. I have a 5mm spacer and I sit a little outside of the fenders.

On thinner wheels/higher offsets you will need bigger spacers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends on the width and offset of the wheel. I have 8.5 with a +45 offset. I have a 5mm spacer and I sit a little outside of the fenders.

On thinner wheels/higher offsets you will need bigger spacers

Id probably be running the spacers on stock 3 wheels and then on stock gen 2 speed wheels. What would you recommend for them?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
225/40R18 92W Falcons -

Before

After
Looks great man. Big difference with the before and after. Now do you rub?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: ClaytonBrown

·
Registered
518 Posts
225/40R18 92W Falcons -

Before

After
Haha in your pics, your after caught the sun and looks shiny and in your before its more dull. Good pics

Reactions: ClaytonBrown

·
Registered
72 Posts
225/40R18 92W Falcons -
^ Thank you, this made my day. :banana 1:
Now if only others could follow in your footsteps we wouldn't have unnecessary posts (like the one below)...

That lip tho! :eek: I didn't even know that was possible. What kind of set up ate you running?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: tyrant

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks great man. Big difference with the before and after. Now do you rub?
No rubbing.. and for the last month I have been taking an extremely bumpy route to work.. (about 8 miles of really crap under construction road) -

the back still sits high... higher on an empty tank of gas- took those pink pics with about a half tank.. I was pissed when I realized I forgot to fill up pre-shoot.

Once the rear settles, on a full tank of gas I might have to roll fenders, but I doubt it cuz its the rear... (no turning wheels)

Eventually I want to roll fenders regardless so I can go up a tire size

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haha in your pics, your after caught the sun and looks shiny and in your before its more dull. Good pics
Thanks!

I also did a tiny bit of photoshop work to the after pics, some more then others... - 20+ pictures in the album, check em out.

Regardless though the car does look awesome in person.. I have never felt such love for a car as I do for my 3.. not even close.

·
Registered
150 Posts
^ Thank you, this made my day. :banana 1:
Now if only others could follow in your footsteps we wouldn't have unnecessary posts (like the one below)...
Although I appreciate your remark in regards to my post I have to say: No post is ever truly "neccissary" in the true root of the word 'need', as non of us even 'need' cars, or to mod them. This is a forum where anyone can feel free to post anything on their minds (as I am doing now), however, in good form it is wise to avoid derogatory remarks such as accusing someone of posting 'unnecessary posts', as such remarks will only spark more of what you clearly do not want; like this post which is of course as all others... unnecessary

just a thought anyway :confused013:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts