2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in the mail, note that this recall is for Canada. You'll be getting your letter soon if you don't have it yet.

The brief version: warranty on the touch screen of the infotainment system has been extended to 7 years, unlimited mileage. Infotainment system will be replaced free of charge if this applies to you.

If you've paid for a replacement for this problem, you will be reimbursed.

There is a possible fault in the touch screen film can become corroded due to moisture. This can cause the touch screen to become inoperable or may operate on its own (ghost touch).

This recall is only valid if you are experiencing this issue. As of now, I am not. I don't think we've seen much of this but good to know that we're covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the screen on my 2015 switched out by the dealer 6 months ago under warranty, just got the letter this week, surprised it's taken this long.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I haven't gotten the letter yet (I'm in the US), but I emailed MazdaUSA and they confirmed the warranty extension. I reinstalled the ribbon cable to the screen and will be calling my local dealer to schedule the replacement.

·
Registered
130 Posts
These jerks made me bend over backward to get a warranty replacement last year and now it's a recall? That's messed up Mazda!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I reinstalled my ribbon cable and mazda "confirmed" there's a internal screen fault. They are ordering me a new screen :D Disconnected the cable again because idk how long it's gonna be before I get a new screen lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughter has this car and this problem. They would not fix it when the car was under warranty. She was told it would cost $1,000 to fix. She got the notice two days ago and just visited the service dept. They ran diagnostics on her car and reconfirmed the problem. She was told it would take a couple of days to get the part and then she could come in anytime without an appt to get the replacement. Fingers crossed that it is that fast and easy.....but why did it take so many years before they did the recall????

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just had my screen replaced today, 4/15/2020. I uninstalled the AIO tweaks to return to stock. Took about an hour, dealer tests confirmed it was the screen. I noticed no physical cracks or such. It just was ghost touching.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts