2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Which SRI do you have and why?

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
Hey Everyone, got a 2013 mazda 3 2.5. Anyone know exactly what intake would work besides the corksport. I am having trouble finding an injen that'll work. Thanks
Simota would. A lot of people run those. You can search around to find some pics of it installed

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
Hey Everyone, got a 2013 mazda 3 2.5. Anyone know exactly what intake would work besides the corksport. I am having trouble finding an injen that'll work. Thanks
Why would you want something other than the CorkSport? They specialize in Mazdas, they have excellent customer service, they are active on various Mazda forums, and their instructions are well-written and easy to follow. I've had my CS intake for nearly 4 years, and it's been nothing short of perfect - I highly recommend you get one!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yeah CS is great hopefully just soon improved by adding the cold air box when they restock. JBR announced they are only weeks away from having SkyActiv SRI's AND CAI's available. Details and pics on JBR facebook page. I'll wait and see, but if indeed the CAI is for SkyActiv, I'll probably get both SRI and CAI to compare to CS SRI and have fun changing the sound of my car every now and again.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If anyone is interesting in gaining hp, don't bother with any SRI (Simota, Corksport, Injen...) unless you have a cold air box which brings in cold ambient airflow. All SRIs take in hot air from under the hood which will rob your car of hp compared to the stock system. The power gain associated with increased airflow from a SRI will not compensate for the larger power loss from hot air. Despite its lower placement in the engine compartment, even a CAI will eventually start taking in warmer air after longer stops. The improvement in sound is nice though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
installed my corksport yesterday. love it a lot, sounds great, my butt dyno tells me i have slight gain in the 3-4k range, throttle response is definately better, and now makes me want to get the exhaust system...will wait on that, since (from what I havent seen) there is no headers avail, (i am fairly new to the 3 scene, being a honda fag all my life) until i find a reliable solution for the stock manifold, i see no reason to re run pipes. or is there a gain there? all in all, very satisfied with the CS sri. :banana 1:

·
Registered
278 Posts
installed my corksport yesterday. love it a lot, sounds great, my butt dyno tells me i have slight gain in the 3-4k range, throttle response is definately better, and now makes me want to get the exhaust system...will wait on that, since (from what I havent seen) there is no headers avail, (i am fairly new to the 3 scene, being a honda fag all my life) until i find a reliable solution for the stock manifold, i see no reason to re run pipes. or is there a gain there? all in all, very satisfied with the CS sri. :banana 1:
you could get some msds headers. a good number of members have them

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
@BlueHaloGirl;
CONGRATS! You will love it. Let me know if you have any questions about it, or during install![/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I'm super excited!! I'm also installing a MS3 exhaust...hoping to get a nice sound and few more hp.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Just installed my CS SRI!! Did it in the parking lot of my workplace cause it's dead today, now I just want to go and drive!! It look gerat and sounds great!! I can't believe the size of the stock airbox...wow...so much space!!

101 - 120 of 123 Posts