2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Which SRI do you have and why?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a lot of threads on SRI's and which one is better and which one everyone has and prefers. Thought it might be a little easier if we do a poll and everyone who has one can vote and post what is the so good about it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
-I went for Injen because I could get it for $170 shipped and have it by the end of the week.
-Would have gone Simota if it wasn't on backorder at the time and rumored to throw CELs on some models.
-The corksport is nice and all, but is the most expensive in the end by about $30.

They will all do the same thing; the power to be gained here is from REMOVING the stock airbox and the restriction that it imposes on the engine. So long as you connect the right end of the pipe to the engine, it's all good.

The only minor difference is probably the sound with the Simota, it's rumored to sound "nicer", but who knows. If by nicer people simply mean louder, I'll pass, my Injen is loud enough!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Got the CS one mainly because it was one of the first ones out there and others had it and gave it good reviews. If the K&N CAI was out earlier, I probably would have gotten that one as I've always had and liked K&N products. Totally happy with my CS though.

·
zoom zoom
737 Posts
-I went for Injen because I could get it for $170 shipped and have it by the end of the week.
-Would have gone Simota if it wasn't on backorder at the time and rumored to throw CELs on some models.
-The corksport is nice and all, but is the most expensive in the end by about $30.

They will all do the same thing; the power to be gained here is from REMOVING the stock airbox and the restriction that it imposes on the engine. So long as you connect the right end of the pipe to the engine, it's all good.

The only minor difference is probably the sound with the Simota, it's rumored to sound "nicer", but who knows. If by nicer people simply mean louder, I'll pass, my Injen is loud enough!
thats the same reson i went with the injen, and its the only one that will be carb appoved, unless corksport gets theres done

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got Injens cause It converts to CAI, and wanted a more solid option

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the posts, this will help me and other to decide later on

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I went with Simota because of its design. The filter is protected from water, mud, and other debris from the CF shell around it. Also heard it acts similar to a heatshield and I have tested this myself. After driving spirited for a while, it was warm to the touch but no where near being hot. The sound is great, but all of the SRI's will sound similar.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I went with the Simota because where I drive there is a lot of debris flying around. The carbon fiber cover helps keep the filter protected. I just cleaned the filter out last week and the cover has covered in dust, salt, mud, etc. and the filter had dust only.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I went with the Injen because I got it for $162.xx shipped, and I like the design (polished):yes:. I love the intake, it growls nicely!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I accidentally voted Injen, but I just placed an order for the CorkSport. Guess you can't change your vote, or can you?

The Injen is nice, but I gotta respect a company that only makes products for Mazdas. I like the CorkSport for the following reasons:

-Billet aluminum MAF housing. I got the anodized gold, it just looks great with black.

-STAINLESS T BOLT hardware... if you've ever had cheap hardware on an intake for a few years, you know what i'm saying. these will make filter swaps easier and any other work (back to stock if needed etc).

- no breather filter. the Simota seems to have a solid following, but I just can't stand breather filters on the crankcase vent.

I'll update when it arrives!

oh and hey... first post.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I accidentally voted Injen, but I just placed an order for the CorkSport. Guess you can't change your vote, or can you?

The Injen is nice, but I gotta respect a company that only makes products for Mazdas. I like the CorkSport for the following reasons:

-Billet aluminum MAF housing. I got the anodized gold, it just looks great with black.

-STAINLESS T BOLT hardware... if you've ever had cheap hardware on an intake for a few years, you know what i'm saying. these will make filter swaps easier and any other work (back to stock if needed etc).

- no breather filter. the Simota seems to have a solid following, but I just can't stand breather filters on the crankcase vent.

I'll update when it arrives!

oh and hey... first post.
Just playing devil's advocate...

Why is the billet aluminum housing better than a welded MAF housing?

The Simota filter shouldn't need to be replaced according to my knowledge, just cleaned occasionally. But I do understand nice hardware.

Does the CS use the Vac line? The way I see it, using the vac line puts more crap through your engine rather than using a breather that can be cleaned as well. That is why I like the breather better.

If what I wrote is wrong in any way, please enlighten me, I do enjoy learning the correct information if mine is not

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
K&N for the win! lol
But if your debating between those I would personally go with the Injen... either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
703 Posts
K&N for the win! lol
But if your debating between those I would personally go with the Injen... either way, I don't think you can go wrong.
I definitely would have gone with K&N if it came out sooner, I really like their products. If anything happens to go wrong and I need to replace my intake for some reason, I'd get the K&N.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts