2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker and figured I'd see if anyone has encountered the same problem I'm having.

Have a Corksport SRI installed on my '14 sGT and the car went into limp mode last friday. I had to tow it to the dealership and they said the cause of the problem was the wires to the MAF sensor were sliced. It's right at the connection so they can't solder it and have to replace the whole wiring harness. Any one had to do this and know the costs? And also know how to prevent this from happening again?

·
Registered
294 Posts
can't say anything about sliced wires but I've gotten 2 P0101 codes this week (Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance), so something is going on with my CS SRI. I'm awaiting responses from corksport and Mat from OVT (in case it's tune related).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Kind of vague.. They have to replace the entire harness to fix 1-5 "sliced" wires?? Are they referring to the wires only aplpicable to the MAF or the actual wiring harness lol. Are you paying for this? I'm guessing the wires are sliced close to where they enter the female side of the harness? In which case they could still be repaired, but dealrships usualy don't repair that stype of damage they replace it. Can't see how the wire would get sliced under normal circumstances so can't really make and suggestions as to how to prevent it, other than careful handling

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of vague.. They have to replace the entire harness to fix 1-5 "sliced" wires?? Are they referring to the wires only aplpicable to the MAF or the actual wiring harness lol. Are you paying for this? I'm guessing the wires are sliced close to where they enter the female side of the harness? In which case they could still be repaired, but dealrships usualy don't repair that stype of damage they replace it. Can't see how the wire would get sliced under normal circumstances so can't really make and suggestions as to how to prevent it, other than careful handling

Yup, the wires broke right at the connector. Apparently the wiring was tied down to something, somewhere near the battery case I'm guessing, which didn't give it enough slack to move around. As the engine moved, the tension wore down the wires until they just snapped. At first they said they could not repair since they sliced right at the connector and wanted to replace the entire harness ($545 part/$850 labor) but lucky for me, the part isn't available in the US and would be on at least a month backorder. That's when they came out and said they would just solder the two wires back on. I had no other choice but to tow to the dealership since I went into limp mode and sadly had to pay $250 to repair the wires and then another $145 for the rental they put me in assuming this would be a warranty repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts