2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ive noticed that during normal cornering, I hear annoying squeaking sounds. I Tried to find out where the sound originated and found it came from the center console. see picture.

can anyone help how i can minimize the sound. Dealership says it cant do anything :(

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Sorry about your dealership telling you that, for there are many, many Mazda 3's that do not have this problem (never experience it in my daughter's 2016. If your car is still under warranty, is this a case of your dealer "can't" help you or is "choosing not" to help you?

I can think of four options you have, plus the obvious additional one of "living with your squeak."

If under warranty, your dealership may or may not be reimbursed by Mazda for opening it up, finding, and then fixing the squeak. The one option I would do, is opening it up yourself and fixing it, but many choose not to do minor corrective work on their car.

If under warranty, I would suggest you read the sections of your Owners Manual which outline the progressive steps you can do when not satisfied with a dealer's service response, and you can follow them specifically, literally and in writing as you appeal your dealer's initial determination. However, before that, I am wondering if what you were told was what a "service adviser" told you, and if so and again under warranty, have you considered politely meeting with that person's boss, the Service Manager.

And if still under the warranty protections, you could call Mazda, ask to speak to a customer service representative and ask them if squeaks and rattles are covered by their warranty.

Each and every step you choose to do, and having owned 52 vehicles I had to do one or more of the above a few times, I am always polite, always starting a meeting or call with a "may I please get your help" kind of introduction.

Best of luck to you, and if you choose to do anything other than living with your squeak, please post back here later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about your dealership telling you that, for there are many, many Mazda 3's that do not have this problem (never experience it in my daughter's 2016. If your car is still under warranty, is this a case of your dealer "can't" help you or is "choosing not" to help you?

I can think of four options you have, plus the obvious additional one of "living with your squeak."

If under warranty, your dealership may or may not be reimbursed by Mazda for opening it up, finding, and then fixing the squeak. The one option I would do, is opening it up yourself and fixing it, but many choose not to do minor corrective work on their car.

If under warranty, I would suggest you read the sections of your Owners Manual which outline the progressive steps you can do when not satisfied with a dealer's service response, and you can follow them specifically, literally and in writing as you appeal your dealer's initial determination. However, before that, I am wondering if what you were told was what a "service adviser" told you, and if so and again under warranty, have you considered politely meeting with that person's boss, the Service Manager.

And if still under the warranty protections, you could call Mazda, ask to speak to a customer service representative and ask them if squeaks and rattles are covered by their warranty.

Each and every step you choose to do, and having owned 52 vehicles I had to do one or more of the above a few times, I am always polite, always starting a meeting or call with a "may I please get your help" kind of introduction.

Best of luck to you, and if you choose to do anything other than living with your squeak, please post back here later.

Hi my car is still under warranty. Ive checked on the service manual. Surprisingly removing that part is unfortunately quite some work, else i would have tried a DIY fix. You have the remove the centre console, cd player, HVACs, and then the unit.

i will try to talk to the dealership again with another representative and then revert about what they said.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can call Mazda HQ, and have them call the dealer's service manager. I did that when the oil pan drain plug gasket failed after a dealership oil change on my 2016 Mazda 3 and all of the oil drained out. Mazda asked the dealer to perform an engine test after I told them what happened.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts