2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Hey all,
I went to my dealership yesterday after hearing a (small mouse-like) squeak in the cabin of a 2015 Mazda 3 Sport. Here's the report:
"Test drove vehicle and confirmed a squeaking - test drove with customer to confirm it was the same noise they head. Sounded as though the noise is coming from inside the cabin of the vehicle near the top corner of the glove box assembly. Inspected to see if there was anything out of the ordinary - nothing. Raised vehicle and inspected under for possible suspension issues - no issues with suspension found. Cleaned and lubricated door checker and door latch in case there may have been small granules causing the noise - no change. Inspected behind the glove box in case anything was loose causing the squeak - nothing found. Cleaned the bottom inside edges of the outer door seal as it looked as though the may have been gravel residue there - no change. The next step might involve more disassembly and more time also to properly pinpoint the cause of the squeak."

Here is a video of the squeak, with added conversation:

I think my big thing is that I want to know if anyone else has at least been experiencing this squeak. My preference would not to keep shuttling back and forth from the dealership. Also, the squeak is cosmetic, and they said they would charge me labor for it, so I'd rather not pay anything to get it fixed.
Any tips? Anyone experience this before? Anyone know where to start?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts