2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im trying something kinda kewl... I have a local shop spraying my rear tails (smoke tint). Apparently they scuff, paint and clear em!!! Super good deal and i think they will match the "blacked out theme" im looking for. I will have em do the rear bumper lights as well...:yes:

Pics to follow... stay tuned in:shuriken:

Anyone done this already???:mellow 1:

·
Registered
598 Posts
the downside is that it isn't reversible, which is why a lot of people use film.

good luck with it though, curious to see it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the downside is that it isn't reversible, which is why a lot of people use film.
hmmm... true. I wonder if it will be an issue with johnny law??? Any thoughts??? I figured i would be ok as long as i stayed away from the headlights!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wifey got pulled over last night...

K so wife gets pulled over last night!!:eek:hmy 1:
Tinted Windows?... NO:mellow 1:
Blue Fogs?... NO:001_unsure:
So why you ask... No registration taped in the window??!!:shocked: "According to cali law you must display the registration in the window" hmmm... i had no idea. ( ok maybe i did):yes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No ticket for me...

No ticket!!!! If it was me i would have a ticket but my wife has better karma then me:stuart:

oh... and she is quite beautiful as well... that helps!!:biggrin:

·
The Dark Knight
68 Posts

Reactions: Jamerling

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nightshades Black-outs
SIC... I was wondering bout doing the nightshades my self but the quote i got seems almost to good to be true. I love the blacked out look on your vehicle. It completes the look!!! When are you blacking out your "stinkin' badges?"

V-LED Switchback White/Amber turn signals
I have the switchbacks in my glove waiting for install... how do you like ur's and do you have resistors or are u dealing with the hyperflash:001_unsure:

·
Kambo
167 Posts

good luck with it though, curious to see it.

FYI, I just got my Alexa LEDs from CS. If you ever want to go back... I'll sell my old ones.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Kambo
167 Posts
K so wife gets pulled over last night!!:eek:hmy 1:
Tinted Windows?... NO:mellow 1:
Blue Fogs?... NO:001_unsure:
So why you ask... No registration taped in the window??!!:shocked: "According to cali law you must display the registration in the window" hmmm... i had no idea. ( ok maybe i did):yes:
That's not going to look good. You wouldn't see it in my car anyway. MAN do I love Florida!

·
The Dark Knight
68 Posts
I don't know what I'm going to do with the badges yet. I like the black and chrome look but I may black chrome them instead.

I did about 5 very very light coats, as I didn't want to go too far. And also with this it is somewhat reversible: If you don't clear them (which I didn't) a strong paint thinner should remove it, or scuff it off and use a plastic compound (similar to restoring old headlights) and buff it back to clear.

I used the resistors for the front switchbacks and I love them, but now I need a new set of resistors for the new LED turn signals in the back :yes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hot, hot, hot...

I used the resistors for the front switchbacks and I love them
any issues with heat??:001_unsure:
i think i will wait on the resistors untill i see how the hyperflash is...

·
The Dark Knight
68 Posts
I've had none, turn signals are used for such short periods of time, and even that is flashing not constantly on. And the resistor is only attached to the turn signal and not the parking light so it doesn't heat up as you're using the white light, just the amber. I used mounting tape to mount them and t-clips to add them and I've had no problems.

·
Kambo
167 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Jamerling

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Classy...

I Really like the axela rear tails!!!! So clean and different but not ricey!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for suggestion...

Never thought about doing a build thread!!! Sound kewl though... thanks for the thread suggestions they were super helpful!!! I decided to go with a light tint on the rear tails similar to the night shades bc it will continue the "murdered" look while still being seen in the daylight!!!!

Getting excited!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts