2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 m3 GTS hatchback but could not find instructions to use the 'sport' push button.

What guidelines are there for pressing and depressing the 'sport' button, in association with the gas pedal?

·
Registered
227 Posts
What do you mean? I have the sports mode button and use it when I wanna speed around a bit, you just press it and hit the gas and press it again to get out of sports mode..top left of the shifter..

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Keeps higher RPMs to be more responsive. Also uses more gas. Push it when you want to play.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and to clarify, do I need to take my foot off the gas right before I push the sport button then foot back on pedal after sport engages? or can I just keep gasing and push the sport button

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's a button, you press it. As simple as that.

Doesn't matter if you're coasting, cruising, accelerating or braking. It just changes shift points and skinny pedal response mapping. It may change what gear you're in at the time without any further input from you but that's about it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Sorry Frank, I really only use the sport button which you can push at any time when doing some spirited driving.
I also use is when passing where I need to get up to speed faster without the fear of a downshift.
Just try using it and get a feel for it. Its there for your driving pleasure.

·
Registered
720 Posts
No worries, Mazda keeps us from screwing up with rev limiters. Punch and play as long as you can afford the gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts