2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So spilled beer in my front seat carpet and it leaked through the floor mats :oops:

Now my car smells like stale beer, what do you recommend to clean the stained spots.

Car mats can be easily cleaned, but what about under the car mat?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well, I had a water bottle open and spill on my passenger side. I didn't realize and after a few days in hot heat it smelled like mildew badly. I was able to life a plastic cover that let's you can access the vin etched into the frame, and first I sprayed a load of Lysol, let it air dry a few days then I followed up with febreeze, and now the odor is gone. If you can't get under the carpet, I would suggest the vaccum first, then dowse with Lysol, keep windows down/cracked as much as possible then follow up with febreeze to get rid of the Lysol smell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So spilled beer in my front seat carpet and it leaked through the floor mats :oops:

Now my car smells like stale beer, what do you recommend to clean the stained spots.

Car mats can be easily cleaned, but what about under the car mat?
Why did you have an open container of alcohol in your vehicle to begin with? :rulez2 1:

As for cleaning it, you can try to steam clean it then let it air dry.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you don't have a shop vac, maybe try soaking it up with rice or rolled up newspapers.

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
Resolve carpet cleaner! Buddy of mine threw up cherry svedka and code red Mountain Dew. You'd never know it was there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you can't get it out the smell I would buy a little handheld steamer. I have used mine before to treat mildew in my old Saab 9-3 or just spills and stains, combo'd with a carpet cleaner you won't know anything was ever there. The steam is nice though because it and bleach are the only thing to actually kill mold/mildew, and I'm NOT using bleach on my black carpets. Hope you get the nasties out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts