2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any issues with spiders? I constantly notice spider webs glistening on the windshield while I'm driving, I can see the webs on the body as I'm getting in and out and I can see them inside the cabin as well, from the dashboard to the rear view mirror to the instrument cluster to the steering wheel. I've even had a few spiders drop down from the ceiling right in front of my face and had to smash them when I was driving on the highway.

Now, I live in upstate NY and winter will certainly kill these things so it's more of an annoyance now than a serious issue, but with the recall on the Mazda6 for spiders, I figured I'd see if anyone else has found their 3's to be a spider magnet too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have spiders all over my car. I noticed a dead one when I popped the gas door. I hope it's not part of a larger issue. I hate spiders, when I see them.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I see spider webs on my side mirrors. I get caught in spider web walking to my car, walking home, it's all over the place :( Absolutely hate these things.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is everyone serious here? lol :stuart:

@spoon too big, that link made me laugh

·
Registered
4 Posts
One dropped in front of my face, I almost crashed. It like slowly slid down, and tried to spiderman kiss me. Got out of the car and found that there apparently was a few lodged up where the windshield meets the roof. Gross.

Also, off topic (but sort of on topic about things that apparently all m3's have) my infotainment syst. finally died today. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
521 Posts
One dropped in front of my face, I almost crashed. It like slowly slid down, and tried to spiderman kiss me. Got out of the car and found that there apparently was a few lodged up where the windshield meets the roof. Gross.

Also, off topic (but sort of on topic about things that apparently all m3's have) my infotainment syst. finally died today. Very disappointed.
I was driving down the street with my sun roof open when i saw one on the windscreen making its way towards the roof. I closed the sun roof as fast as possible. How long have you had your car? Is it still under warranty?

·
Registered
287 Posts
"Also, off topic (but sort of on topic about things that apparently all m3's have) my infotainment syst. finally died today. Very disappointed."

Spiders in your infotainment system. :thumbsdown 1:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Never have spiders problem. I am lucky enough to have garage and I also perform pest control around the house every other month.

2014' Mazda 3 S-Touring hatchback auto
Blue reflex mica
01' BMW 330i
89' Celica St (sold)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Never have spiders problem. I am lucky enough to have garage and I also perform pest control around the house every other month.

2014' Mazda 3 S-Touring hatchback auto
Blue reflex mica
01' BMW 330i
89' Celica St (sold)
What kinda pest control? I have lots of spiders around my house.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is this a Mazda specific issue? Weird as I've never heard of it. Mazda seems to have random problems that nobody else has. Like the rust issue.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
good idea.

I haven't come across any in the Mazda, but my other car had a few black widows hanging around the front and rear suspension. I got those guys with normal bug spray. I live in an area that they're sort of common.

·
Registered
4 Posts
iceman spiders

How long have you had your car? Is it still under warranty?
It's brand new (2014), got it in July. Hasn't happened since. It's going to freeze soon up here anyways (East Coast Canada) so I'm sure it won't persist. Spiders will freeze, and hopefully die.

As for the infotainment system, it's been fixed, still a bit slow (I have a LOT of music on my usb stick) but not the end of the world.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just had my first encounter driving down the highway in the dark with a spider crawling from the inside bottom of my windshield towards me. Scared the living shit out of me and almost ran off the road. It was maybe dime sized, brownish and apparently jumps. If I see anymore, my car's getting the bomb and a good vacuum.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was driving down the street with my sun roof open when i saw one on the windscreen making its way towards the roof. I closed the sun roof as fast as possible. How long have you had your car? Is it still under warranty?
That is why I have only opened my sunroof once to see if it worked. :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
So a couple spiders decided to make a thick giant web on my mirror...I friggin hate spiders :(

Just the other day I got into my car and I see a spider crawling up its web from the floor to my steering wheel. I'm going to keep my windows closed at night from now on.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts