2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you guys/girls have watched spiders scurrying across the dashboard of you gen3 Mazda3? This morning while sitting in the parking lot at work I had two crawl out of the driver side dashboard vent and the active driver display aka the HUD.
I thought Mazda "fixed" this spider crawling inside the car problem. And since I have to take my car in for an oil change Saturday, I might as well have them check for spider webs before the car goes poof!
Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Didn't know there's a fix for this lol I've had spiders in my previous cars as well, even one in a headlight. Nothing that worries me. However, few weeks ago while driving I did have a decent size spider come dangling down from the sunglass holder. I couldn't find anything to smash it with so I ended up using my hand. I still have some dried up guts on the sunglass holder, haven't cleaned it off yet lol

Oh yeah, I tend to leave my sunroof on tilt or sometimes have my windows cracked open when it's hot outside so I figured that's where the spiders are coming in from :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Absolutely. I started a threat about this last year and it seems that many people had similar issues with spiders. I haven't seen a single one this year though. I'm assuming they hitched a ride in my car from somewhere along its trip to the dealer lot and last winter was cold enough to kill them off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Search for "spiders" in this forum, it's a common problem. Super annoying and dangerous when driving due to our natural instinct to freak out and swat at it

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I recently got a fly problem tho...

There were at least 50 or more of them chilling on my car the other day, none of the other cars on the lot had any =/

·
Registered
156 Posts
I haven't seen any spiders in my car. But I did have a mouse/rat live in my engine bay. It left its messes all around the engine and even ripped apart the insulation under the engine cover. I find that more annoying than spiders. Spiders don't cause any damage, not sure why so many people freak out. I mean seriously how dangerous are spiders compared to other animals?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I haven't seen any spiders in my car. But I did have a mouse/rat live in my engine bay. It left its messes all around the engine and even ripped apart the insulation under the engine cover. I find that more annoying than spiders. Spiders don't cause any damage, not sure why so many people freak out. I mean seriously how dangerous are spiders compared to other animals?
I took my car in for its first service a couple weeks ago. When the service guy looked under the hood, I asked what he was looking for and he said rats. He told me about a guy who'd brought in a car where a rat had chewed through some lines. Not covered under warranty.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but perhaps I should do a weekly rat check.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The 'spider' issue with Mazda (and other makes as well) has been with the fuel tank lines, etc. and NOT the car's interior. Yellow sac spiders -- for whatever bizarre reason -- are attracted to the hydrocarbons in petrol.

LOL :laugh2:

Google is your friend... ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to have them all over my car. They took a break during the summer, but are starting to come back. Mostly on the outside, but I saw one inside about 6 months ago, and saw another last week. Guess they're back. I've heard mixing peppermint oil with water and spraying your car can help. They supposedly don't like the scent.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Oh yeah this pic was from last year, had a few that made a home on my mirror lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts