2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm back after a long hiatus. I was originally planning on trading in my Mazda3 but life got in the way so I'm with it for a bit longer, and now I'm starting to notice an issue I've never had in the past 14 cars I've owned.

Spiders.

Yep, you heard that correctly. Like live spiders everywhere. In the past 24 hours, I've killed/seen at least four of them, two of which looked like the "yellow sac" spider that Mazda apparently had an issue with the earlier 6's on. But the other two appear to be either a wolf spider or something else. I live in Texas, so we have brown recluse spiders down here which makes it a bit of a hazard to be driving my car at this point. I can't really afford to have my entire car fumigated for these things.

Has someone else had any issues on their 2014+ Mazdas regarding spiders? It's the craziest damn thing I've ever had to deal with on a vehicle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It has been raining a TON in Texas. They are probably just looking for a dry place to chill.

I haven't noticed spiders but I always have some type of flying thing in my car once a week or so just from opening the door, lol.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,496 Posts
Looks like Texas is getting a break from the rain tomorrow (Saturday).

I would just leave your car out in the sun with the windows up and the doors closed and let those little critters bake.

Looks like temps will be in the 90-100 degree range tomorrow, which should be plenty to heat up the inside of your car fast.
CK

·
Registered
106 Posts
I get yellow sac spiders occasionally, too. Worst is when I see them crawl across my windshield while driving, but this isn't specific to my car, it happens in my house and used to happen in my old Dodge Neon. I live in FL and park under a tree at home, it's unfortunately bound to happen.

Yellow sac spiders are spooky since they look like brown recluses, but their bites are apparently not very severe. You could buy a fumigator or try using peppermint oil sprays to deter them, but they're very good at hiding in sneaky little places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts