2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone in Mazda 3 Revolution!

Today i decide to share with everybody on this forum my speedometer moded version with useful infomation...

(PS: See my picture below)

Uhm, with firmware version from 56.00.100 to 56.00.240, it's operation good, but from 56.00.513 and newer it not compatible because the data field and data value are diffirent...

Do not install if you don't know your firmware compatible or not!

I'm too busy in my work, so i don't have much time to fix it... i'll please to share my source code for some one to continue improve it for compatible with lastest firm ware....

Thank and best regards!

Link download here

PS: - Link for new file tested on firmware version 56.00.513C and Avg Fuel changed from L/Km to Km/L

Link download Here

- Avg Fuel in L/100km

Download here

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
@anhnga: I don't had a look in your code, but I'm sure you don't have hacked from scratch. I'm pretty sure that you have used all already existing speedometer stuff as base. If so, it is really cheeky to ask for donation!

So many guys here ask me if they can donate me something and I always said no, because I also only recycled existing code and I'm not the first who found out how it goes.

The infotainment project is a really great achievement with so many effort of many developers. And no one ever got money for the hard work in the past.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@anhnga: I don't had a look in your code, but I'm sure you don't have hacked from scratch. I'm pretty sure that you have used all already existing speedometer stuff as base. If so, it is really cheeky to ask for donation!

So many guys here ask me if they can donate me something and I always said no, because I also only recycled existing code and I'm not the first who found out how it goes.

The infotainment project is a really great achievement with so many effort of many developers. And no one ever got money for the hard work in the past.

Just my opinion.
Thank for your advices! I don't said i created all of this, i use the very basicly speedo'meter, the first version, and rewrite source code and improve it for the funtion and speed....

But thank you anyway!

Best regards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I liked some of the features. I really like having Gear position, as I have an automatic. I also really like the water temperature as apart from the cold start blue indicator I don't have any other indication of temperature. Also other temps are handy. I have gone back to the original Speedometer with mods as I always use the GPS speed to status bar.

Your released script (files for USB) did not seem to perform the reboot after installation so a I performed a manual NAV + MUTE + BACK reboot. I did not know how to use the uninstall.sh file but simply replaced the Tweaks.sh file on the USB stick with it, and that worked ok. (Being a bit of a noob and not understanding things).

Thanks for the idea.

I would enjoy having the coolant temperature in the status bar. Not sure if that would come out of the Speedometer app or status bar mods. Probably the latter.

Oh and I thought the large ICON for the app would have been better just as a standard text entry as per other apps. It does cover up other listed apps a bit.

Nice work. Keep playing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Help make AvgFuel to Km / l
My hair is liter / 100km.

Thank you very much
You can use the formular: 100/(liter per 100km)

etc: in my picture on first page, my car AVG fuel is 9.11l/100km convert to km/litre = (100/9.11) = 10.9km/litre

you can edit source code file: userjs\speedometer.js replace original function with new one (or only change the line with red)

Code:
function updateAvgFuel(){
		$.get('/tmp/root/AvgFuel', function (data) {
			data = $.trim(data);
 			if ($.isNumeric(data) && data != lastAvgFuelValue) {
				lastAvgFuelValue = data
				$('#avgFuelValue').each(function () {
					var $this = $(this);
					$({Counter: $this.text()}).animate({Counter: lastAvgFuelValue}, {
						duration: 950,
						easing: 'linear',
						step: function (now) {
							$this.text(Math.ceil(now));
							avgFuelValue = $this.text(100/data);
							//Cufon.replace('#avgFuelValue');
						},
							complete: function () {
						}
					});
				}); 
			}
		});
}
and to show value km/l on user interface, you need edit code in file: speedometer\speedometer.html
Code:
                        <fieldset id="AvgFuelFieldSet">
				<legend id="vehDataLegends">AVG (km/l)</legend>
				<div id="avgFuelValue">0.0</div>
			</fieldset>
Tell me if it work...

Cheer

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can use the formular: 100/(liter per 100km)

etc: in my picture on first page, my car AVG fuel is 9.11l/100km convert to km/litre = (100/9.11) = 10.9km/litre

you can edit source code file: userjs\speedometer.js replace original function with new one (or only change the line with red)

Code:
function updateAvgFuel(){
		$.get('/tmp/root/AvgFuel', function (data) {
			data = $.trim(data);
 			if ($.isNumeric(data) && data != lastAvgFuelValue) {
				lastAvgFuelValue = data
				$('#avgFuelValue').each(function () {
					var $this = $(this);
					$({Counter: $this.text()}).animate({Counter: lastAvgFuelValue}, {
						duration: 950,
						easing: 'linear',
						step: function (now) {
							$this.text(Math.ceil(now));
							avgFuelValue = $this.text(100/data);
							//Cufon.replace('#avgFuelValue');
						},
							complete: function () {
						}
					});
				}); 
			}
		});
}
and to show value km/l on user interface, you need edit code in file: speedometer\speedometer.html
Code:
                        <fieldset id="AvgFuelFieldSet">
				<legend id="vehDataLegends">AVG (km/l)</legend>
				<div id="avgFuelValue">0.0</div>
			</fieldset>
Tell me if it work...

Cheer
Hi.
it work..
It's a decimal ..What are you doing..
THAK....

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi everyone in Mazda 3 Revolution!

I live in Viet Nam, and has a 2015 Mazda 3 1.5 with gasoline engine... and joined in this forum for two year ago...If you're super appreciative and want to donate to fund my tireless efforts I will gladly accept:
anhnga ???? i can smell some smoke from the code you are talking about... i give my voice to the guy from Germany before... please edit yours first post..... no need ... who own mazda no need this where ever he live.

hope you undrstand what i do mean.. thanks for the mode attention

1 - 20 of 56 Posts