2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I installed the speedometer with Compass app using the AIO tool. For some reason my compass is inverted i.e. it's showing north instead of south. It is changing directions but it's inverted.

Am I supposed to calibrate it? Does anyone know the fix for it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Does this issue not happen to anyone else?
2. No one else has installed this app?
3. Everyone's compass is showing the correct direction?

·
Registered
312 Posts
1. Does this issue not happen to anyone else?
2. No one else has installed this app?
3. Everyone's compass is showing the correct direction?
What version AIO ?
What version CMU firmware?
Do you have NAV SD card?
If you have NAV SD card did you leave it installed in car during tweaks?

Never used AIO but ...
Latest versions of AIO and some older standalone speedometer installers detects that a NAV SD card is installed and reverses the compass to read correctly. This is a known old issue that almost all latest installers correct for but you have to run the installer with the NAV card installed if you have it. If you have a NAV card just remove it and see if the compass now reads correct.
If that is the issue someone that has used AIO will have to confirm you can reinstall speedometer with NAV installed to correct the issue - I don't know AIO details to say for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What version AIO ?
What version CMU firmware?
Do you have NAV SD card?
If you have NAV SD card did you leave it installed in car during tweaks?

Never used AIO but ...
Latest versions of AIO and some older standalone speedometer installers detects that a NAV SD card is installed and reverses the compass to read correctly. This is a known old issue that almost all latest installers correct for but you have to run the installer with the NAV card installed if you have it. If you have a NAV card just remove it and see if the compass now reads correct.
If that is the issue someone that has used AIO will have to confirm you can reinstall speedometer with NAV installed to correct the issue - I don't know AIO details to say for sure.
Thanks a lot. Yes I installed after removing the NAV SD. I'll try an uninstall and reinstall with NAV SD in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you use AIO, there is an option to uninstall it

thanks...got around to using AIO tweaks instead of individually installing it. =)

Now how can we have the default start up screen to start up on the speedometer app?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have same porblem .. i try to install with and without SD card ... and if i removed the SD card compass give me right direction

any one have idea how to solve this issue ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts