2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speedline rear spoiler arrived today well packaged and earlier than expected.
I've gotta say that my first impressions are very favorable the ABS moulding is light but strong and very well finished with captive nuts fixed to the pedestal and sides. The pack contains the necessary double sided tape and screws plus wipes and a marker pen. There are no instructions but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out how it fits. I offered the spoiler to the car and it fits perfectly in place and it can easily be painted with the minimum of preparation required..
The best bit is the saving, oem item £233.22 ($334.2 USD), Speedline £83.48 (119.7 USD) including taxes and airfreight from Taiwan .

At just over a third of the cost of the OEM spoiler , it's a genuine bargain :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Pictures would be great thanks! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I havn't taken any photo's of it yet, but here's the link
MAZDA - THESPEEDLINE

They also list on Ebay but it is cheaper to buy direct. Interestingly the photos on the website were 'borrowed' from one of this forum's members and actually show a genuine OEM spoiler. Don't be put off by this because I cant see any difference other than the colour it is supplied in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yea I want to see the actual product before I buy anything. I saw the handy work that someone posted of a mold of another product and it was crap.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest I haven't checked out the OEM spoiler so I can't make a direct comparison with it. However it is easily comparable in construction and quality with the OEM spoiler fitted to my son's Suzuki Swift Sport.
I would imagine that the OEM spoiler can't be any heavier or better in it's construction as it has to attach to the rather lightweight spoiler/lip already fitted.
As they say ' you pay your money and you make your choice' for me it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
definitely!..
seems kinda shady...but if the spoiler actually shipped out to the buyer and the quality is good...then who knows?

I would tell @lowincash to tell them to remove his pics, I'm sure he didn't give them permission.
Yeah looks like they're using my pics lol I guess they just did an internet search for pics instead of using their actual product on a mz3. But yeah as long as the actual spoiler they sell is of good quality and looks like the OEM one when installed, then that's all that matters. A while back I found another ebay auction using a pic of my car to sell their LED lights lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking good! I'm still on the fence on this spoiler. Mind posting a few more pics? (especially from a little farther away)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
So are these just stuck on with 3M tape or do you still need to drill holes and screw them in like the OEM ones?

·
Registered
530 Posts
So are these just stuck on with 3M tape or do you still need to drill holes and screw them in like the OEM ones?
OP said there are screws and tape included.

Reactions: lowincash
1 - 20 of 48 Posts