2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened. I received my first ever speeding ticket.

Out of state plates, bright red sporty looking car, end of the month quota...a recipe for bad news. And I wasn't even going that fast! 65 in a 50. Just an unfortunate case of a traffic jam opening up and me accelerating a bit too much and getting the laser. I knew this car would likely get me into trouble, but not for keeping up with the flow of traffic on a road that no one does 50 on...I swear the cars around me were doing 63/64 at that moment as well. $200 and 4 points...joy. :rolleyes 1:

Happy Thanksgiving to me!

Anyone else getting themselves in trouble with this car as well?

·
Kenpachi
52 Posts
Not yet, but I've had a few scares... Luckily the closets I have come to getting a ticket was avoided because of Civic that was going faster than me (I was going 60 in a 45) so the cop pulled him over instead.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have one as of yet. "Cross fingers" My car is black so it doesn't stand out as much. I've had a few instances where it was applicable but I just got lucky.

I was going 70 on a 55 a peaked over a corner with the cop sitting there. Luckily I was in the farthest lane from where he was sitting and slowed down enough for him to not notice me....

Another was getting on the on ramp and letting her stretch her legs. Cop sitting on the next on ramp and I spot him at the last moment but luckily he didn't notice me pass by. Super lucky those times.

I learned to be a little less aggressive and more passive when driving now. I don't want a ticket and want a clean driving record because I don't want to pay it when that can go to new parts :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've had plenty in this car... and ZERO on my bike... wtf lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
I got one for doing 48 in a 35 MPH zone. It was like 2 am in some small town in upstate NY. Talked politely with the officer and she gave me a "disobeyed traffic sign" ticket instead of a speeding ticket. I believe it will be 2 points on my license.

Ironic because a few miles before getting the ticket I was doing triple digits haha Unfortunately, I'm paranoid now since I cant really afford to have my insurance premium go up. :-\

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.