2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Street Unit - Ninja Killa
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw someone else here has there own thread and I am buying a lot of stuff this week and they should be in over the next week or so.. So I want to keep it all in one thread of the things that I do to my car.

The things i have purchased in the last three days are

Corksport LED kit
Corksport Eyelids
Mz style front lip
Cobb Spring (1" Drop)
G2 Red Caliper Paint (with white Mazdaspeed Decals)

I want to make everything I do a how to as well. We will see how wel this thread turns out.
Also I just got a raise and Bonus today.. so maybe soon to come
HID's 8k and yellow fogs.

Stay Tuned

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid $250 and omg it was a nightmare trying to find a set. First Cobb discontinued them... The place i made an order with called me this morning and said they dont have any more...Then i called 3 other places before i found one that had one set left.. They said they might be able to ship them today and deliver them on friday.. :) So if you are looking for Cobb Springs Good luck and you better start looking now.

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The springs are shipped and UPS says it will be here Friday and I talked to my installer to get them put on Saturday for $150.. other people quoted me at $250 or more but this give gave me the best deal. He has done quite a few speeds before and came with a good following from other speed3 guys down here in FL. I will post before and after pics and if I can some during installation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant wait to take picture to post them up.. Saturday i should have springs on and try to get the lip on as well. I am very excited..

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got these today so happy .. install is tomorrow, saturday.. (picture was taken with my phone)

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Also i got this as well... trying to decide weather or not if I want to paint it the same color as the grey in the front of the car. My eyelids will be here on the 20th and I will start pricing out shops to paint those.. so I would get it done the same time. Please let me know your thoughts on painting it? Or maybe just even a clear coat? Thx in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Also i got this as well... trying to decide weather or not if I want to paint it the same color as the grey in the front of the car. My eyelids will be here on the 20th and I will start pricing out shops to paint those.. so I would get it done the same time. Please let me know your thoughts on painting it? Or maybe just even a clear coat? Thx in advance.

I'm curious to see what price shops quote you. I have some eyelids sitting in my room waiting to be painted as well.

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm curious to see what price shops quote you. I have some eyelids sitting in my room waiting to be painted as well.
Me too... you are not the only one that is curious...

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the shots I took of them getting Put on .. No after shots of the car b/c it is pouring outside...maybe tomorrow

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am gonna wait a few day for my springs to settle then I will post up some new pics..

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got these Valve stem covers in the mail today... taking a picture of my car lowered on Cobb tomorrow as well painting the calipers...

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Started painting my calipers...backs are done just one more hour to dry the two coats of Dupi-color engine enamel clear I put on... I put the car up on jack stands to be safer and besides it is only $20 for two. I cleaned the breaks with the G2 Brake cleaner provided. It dries fast. After I cleaned the second caliper the first one I did was dry and ready to get painted. Then painted one side then move to the other side, then back to the first side and put a second coat on it. waited 2.5 hrs then put the stickers on and clear coated. Waited 20 min and put another clear coat on... Then repeat for the front.

The G2 is 950˚ rated and the Dupi-Color is 500˚ rated.

I got the decals from Sechemedia.com

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I masked these engine bey pieces up and painted them 2 coats of Dupi-Color Paint then 2 coats of Dupi-Color Clear. Will Post pic's when is done and back in the engine

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did this in between the paint drying on the calipers. It came out ok but makes the engine bay look a whole lot better... I will paint the grill of the intercooler cover but I need a socket wrench set...

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally some shots of my drop with my Cobb Spring I got put in last Saturday.

Attachments

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I see that I am getting a lot of views lately and I really hoping that I help a few people while posting how I do everything in my build thread. Thanks for watching, but stay tuned I still have my eyelids with possible LED turn signals under them and my underbody front lip kit. Just waiting to get it painted.I got them a few days before the holidays and kinda hard to find a painter during these times.. I want to have it all done before I go to the StreetUnit meet in Orlando on the 8th.

Attachments

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
Lookin good man, especially all the finger marks on your rims from working haha. I'm sure people are getting good info from your thread, I don't have a speed but I have still been keeping up with the build. What paint job are you going with on the eyelids/lip kit?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts