2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Sooooooo.....will the Speed 3 glovebox fit the 3 ? I hear it closes quicker and is good for 3-5 mpg ??

:tongue:
If you switch out the badges you can get 5-10hp more too!!!:yes:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Glove box won't fit...the center console flares out more in the Speed3...also the latching mechanism for the regular 3 is meant for a 2lb. glove box and the Speed glove box weighs 2.75lbs. ;)
LOL:clap:

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
well thats a happy bunch right there. its like a couple smiling tomatos

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
We need a couple of adventurous owners who live close together and can do a test swap, lol. The MS3 owner's car would be out of commission, of course. I'm looking forward to CS's black, front-mount intercooler. Maybe we'll start seeing some MS3 hoods on the market from people who want a stealth look :)
FMIC is usually NOT a stealthy look =o) at least for people who know turbo cars. I had a 95 eagle Talon TSi AWD with a FMIC and I had soo many more people not want to race me then when i had the stock side mount intercooler. But I do agree... something about the hood scoop gets me going... but why bother making your car look turbo when its not. There is a reason that I didn't buy the MS3... why would I pretend to have something i dont. Not that I'm not jealous of the 100+ more hp and more aggressive looks, but still... :clap:

·
BLUEDOG 69
50 Posts
Ima actually try swappin hoods... if I do it Ill post a new thread with pics... theres someone near the house who has a speed will see if they will let me try it.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
putting a MS3 hood on a MZ3 is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. If you wanted the Speed3 you should have bought it. Besides, the speed3 hood is hit, the only reason it is overlooked is because it is actually functional.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Too bad we cant have something like this!

Attachments

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
yes do want

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
They can keep the hood but I'll take the wide body kit!!!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
speeed 3 hood on NA?

Does the speed3 hood fit the NA cars? ( hatch NA's )

like a 10-12 hood on a 10-12 na car?

I have heard That the cars have different overall dimensions

wondering about the hood, thinking about picking up a CF speed 3 hood for my hatch

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
It does fit but the very front doesn't match up with the MZ3 bumper

81 - 100 of 147 Posts