2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I have a 2015 Mazda 3. Since I bought the car I have always had trouble with my speakers.... HELP!!

If I use the navigation at any point during or after a drive, my speakers on my doors cut out like the navigation is going to talk to me (even after destination is cancelled). Sometimes when I'm using the navigation the speakers cut out like the navigation is going to talk to me and doesn't. (The navigation always talks to me fine, no glitch there).

I've brought it back to the dealer 3 times, they tell me its my HD radio but its not the sound changing from HD to not HD, the speaker cuts out completely for about 5 seconds. At this point they refused to even take my car back to look at it.

Yesterday all of my speakers stopped working. I messed around with the sound settings, turned my car off for a minute and turned it back on. Not ONE speaker was producing sound from navigation, Bluetooth, voice activated control, or my phone when it was plugged in to USB. I drove 30 minutes to my destination in silence, when I came back and turned my car on all the speakers worked. This happened a second time later in the evening.

This morning I took my car into the dealership, the same guy tried to tell me it was the HD switching in and out of an HD channel. I told him its not and something is wrong, electrical? connection? Not sure. So they kept my car. Upon calling me to tell me it was done he said they only connected a phone and it was working just fine and the issue must be my phone. After speaking to a manager they decided to keep my car over night and attempt to recreate the problem but are unable.

Any ideas of my issue to tell them where to look for the problem?????????

Also my car has no modifications and the dealer said I have the most current software

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your car has the bose 9 speaker stereo, it could be the Amplifier. While I agree with you that something is wrong, having been a mechanic, I can tell you that intermittent problems are the worst, because when it's working, there's no way to tell what the problem is. And these days, if the OBD doesn't have some warning light turned on, then the dealership will NOT get reimbursed (paid) for working on your car (unless you're willing to finance a fishing expedition) where they start replacing parts not knowing what they're looking for..

·
Registered
57 Posts
All the speaker outputs run through that Bose amplifier. The amplifier is under the passenger seat. It's doubtful that there is anything loose, but that's a place to look. Maybe something ran under the seat and is shorting the wires, or maybe it got wet with something, or maybe the dealership was under there and didn't plug things back in very well. Anyway, that's where I'd look first. Best wishes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My stock speaker sometimes doesn't work(only tweeter works) when I start the car. When I just use the battery without starting the car, it works fine. I have to turn off the car get out and then get back into the car and restart the car to make the speakers get power. Can you tell my why that happens from time to time? Any help is appreciated. I have the 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sedan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a 2015 Mazda 3. Since I bought the car I have always had trouble with my speakers.... HELP!!

If I use the navigation at any point during or after a drive, my speakers on my doors cut out like the navigation is going to talk to me (even after destination is cancelled). Sometimes when I'm using the navigation the speakers cut out like the navigation is going to talk to me and doesn't. (The navigation always talks to me fine, no glitch there).

I've brought it back to the dealer 3 times, they tell me its my HD radio but its not the sound changing from HD to not HD, the speaker cuts out completely for about 5 seconds. At this point they refused to even take my car back to look at it.

Yesterday all of my speakers stopped working. I messed around with the sound settings, turned my car off for a minute and turned it back on. Not ONE speaker was producing sound from navigation, Bluetooth, voice activated control, or my phone when it was plugged in to USB. I drove 30 minutes to my destination in silence, when I came back and turned my car on all the speakers worked. This happened a second time later in the evening.

This morning I took my car into the dealership, the same guy tried to tell me it was the HD switching in and out of an HD channel. I told him its not and something is wrong, electrical? connection? Not sure. So they kept my car. Upon calling me to tell me it was done he said they only connected a phone and it was working just fine and the issue must be my phone. After speaking to a manager they decided to keep my car over night and attempt to recreate the problem but are unable.

Any ideas of my issue to tell them where to look for the problem?????????

Also my car has no modifications and the dealer said I have the most current software
I have the same issue. Were you able to find a fix?
My stock speaker sometimes doesn't work(only tweeter works) when I start the car. When I just use the battery without starting the car, it works fine. I have to turn off the car get out and then get back into the car and restart the car to make the speakers get power. Can you tell my why that happens from time to time? Any help is appreciated. I have the 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sedan.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have the same issue. Were you able to find a fix?
Sounds like a bug in the navigation audio switch. They may have fixed it according to this, but you have to put the volume to 0 so as to fully mute the nav.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.