2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Pioneer premier components in the front doors as well as co-ax in the rear doors for rear fill with tweeters cut out of rear speakers. These are all powered by a soundstream 5-channel amp with a 12inch ported sub. I have a problem with the speakers poping when the sound system is on, but only when i use the power mirror switch or shift the car out of park.
The amp has a great ground ground to metal and checked with a multi-meter.
The head unit is a pioneer 310bt that has a grounded rca mod as well as all the rca and speaker wire is braided.
I cannot seam to solve this problem. My next hope is to reground the headunit with a dedicated ground the the negative terminal.
Has anyone had a similar problem with installing an amplfier for the highs and mids?
I have searched all the audio forums i can for days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost 30 views and no input at all? Any stereo install wizards out there? Im sure some one knows a member on here that is a pro on installing systems. i've installed plenty of systems and the most noise i've ever had is alternator wine. i know its hooked up right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more feedback other than that? No offence but i Love to buy stuff from shops but dont trust anyone to work on my rigs. Unless anyone has good experiance with a shop local to salem portland oregon area.

·
Registered
437 Posts
For example I get this rattle in the back of my car, any idea what it is?
It's gotta be muffler bearings.

But I second taking it to a shop. Because it could be an electrical issue that could get more serious.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Any more feedback other than that? No offence but i Love to buy stuff from shops but dont trust anyone to work on my rigs. Unless anyone has good experiance with a shop local to salem portland oregon area.
Outragous Audio can give you Tweeters for a Dollar.... so I'd stay clear from them :) I'd check out Car Toys, they do a pretty good job, and their installers are pretty well trained.

-Tyler

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check your ground's for your amp. It has to be a good connection or you'll get a pop or sometimes a hum.

Also, when I had everything stock I'd hear a popping noise when I moved the mirrors, Just a bad design somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I eneded up recreating a circut with a single throw relay that basicly powers the trigger 12v and constant 12v from the batery. I also reloacted the ground to just under the shifter and is down to bare metal. This got rid of all the accesory pop that i was getting. Thanks for all the help, if anyone is intrested they can post here or pm me and i can draw the circut i created and how to fix the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts