2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

I did a little searching on this and i see numerous threads with people reporting this issue but none seem to have any conclusion or resolution.

When i first turn my car on i dont notice this low volume white noise, not sure if its there right when the car comes on. After driving for a minute if i mute the audio, or change to my bluetooth and pause the track i will hear a hissing sound from what sounds like all of the speakers. If i go into audio settings and toggle centerpoint on / off i can get the white noise to momentarily stop, like if ur changing inputs on a receiver or something.

Some people speculated its a bad wiring issue, cheap amp, defective amp, or something wrong with the bluetooth module. The conclusion seemed to be to take it to the dealer and no one seems to have done that yet :crying2:

Has anyone run into this and fixed it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. Went to dealer. Confirmed the problem but they don't have any idea about fixing it. Strange thing is every mazda i've been in with bose has the same problem including a 2015 mazda 6 . People can't notice this white noise I think. The bose system on our cars are badly designed and made. My ford fiesta's sony sound system is far more better than this shitty bose.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Bose is a low wattage/low impedance system and part of why it sounds the way it does is that it`s very sensitive to input. With the particular demands of an automotive environment it`s not hard to see the physical demands on hardware. Hot electronics can lead to a short. Shorts lead to current flow. Current flow in an audio system leads to noise. Long story short, if a voice coil gets hot and the resistance drops...noise. If an amplifier gets hot and develops an irregularity...noise. There`s not likely a "standard" failure for what you`re experiencing (though it may be fairly common). Given that it comes and goes with input changes, I would look at the amp first.

The dealer may not know how to deal with it efficiently. It`s not that they`re giving you (us) the runaround, but dealerships operate on standard solutions to standard problems, and until there is an established, known common problem they`ll just be shooting in the dark like the rest of us (lol). Honestly, I would personally pursue that query with Bose directly and develop a relationship with their tech folks. If they can narrow down the problem the dealership can fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts