2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Although my 2005 Mazda 3 is traded for a newer 3, and the reason why i jointed this forum, i would like to share some pictures and a template for the conversion from 6x8" to 165mm (6,5") round to mount universal speakers in the front doors.

There are some templates on the net, but with different sizes and a rather difficult shape. This one is oval (eliptical) on the outside, so its a lot easier to make. With pictures, otherwise it didn't happen.

The mountingholes where dead on, so this is a garanteed fit.

I will post some pictures now, the template in pdf is on my work server, i will put it on here next week.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
As promised the template for the adapter for the speaker mount from 5x7/6x8 to Ø165mm (6.5").

I made a .pdf to print out as a template and an .pdf from the speakers that where mounted in the doors as a reference, in case you want to know if your speakers will fit and be clear of the window.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I've been looking for something like this and I appreciate your work. What exactly did you make your adapter out of?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made the adapters out of 18mm thick MDF. The odd color is the spraypaint. I used a leftover can for making the MDF moisture resistant.

You can can use any kind of paint, I used what was already there. MDF is best in absorbing vibrations, and added mass on the flimsy doorpanel is a bonus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts