2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 G122 PLUS A4D
3 Posts
Sorry for the delay, been busy and the weather here turned to crap real fast. Pics are quick and dirty:

View attachment 279543 View attachment 279544 View attachment 279545 View attachment 279546
I need your advice. I have the same Mazda3 BP from 2021. Running Eibach springs, 15mm spacers declared for the back and working on fronts.

I was planning on buying 10mm for front and that would require to mount new bolts which includes a risk of messing up the bearings. There aren't any 10mm, 12mm options with mounted bolts.

But I could go the easy way and buy 15mm for front with mounted bolts and that would also perfectly match the rear spacers (+black color option because there aren't black 10mm spacers).

I'm just scared of the tire rub. Is it dangerous? Is it annoying? What is your recommendation?

Do I risk messing up the bearings with 10mm spacers for front? And they also wouldn't match the back spacers by brand. And I would have to go for silver colored spacers for the back and front.

Or do I go for 15mm black colored Japan Racing spacers with mounted bolts for the front? Would unlock a black color option for front and back + same brand + easier installation.

Sorry for bad English it's not my main language.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Premium Machine Gray Metallic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I need your advice.
Tire rub happens very rarely for me. I can't remember last time it happened. I drive my 9 month old son in this car and if there was any safety concern whatsoever, I would revert back to stock. When it rubs, it's a little surprising at first but nothing too crazy.

As far as damaging your bearings, I don't think you need to worry about that unless you install them incorrectly or go crazy when banging out the old ones. The car is new, they will come out easily. You'll be fine.

Different brands dont matter as long as they are both good quality. If you're concerned about color, you can always spray paint them to match.

Seems like the easiest option for you is to go 15mm w/ mounted bolts.

I forgot to ask, are you AWD? Your rear suspension might be different compared to mine as my car is FWD.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 G122 PLUS A4D
3 Posts
Tire rub happens very rarely for me. I can't remember last time it happened. I drive my 9 month old son in this car and if there was any safety concern whatsoever, I would revert back to stock. When it rubs, it's a little surprising at first but nothing too crazy.

As far as damaging your bearings, I don't think you need to worry about that unless you install them incorrectly or go crazy when banging out the old ones. The car is new, they will come out easily. You'll be fine.

Different brands dont matter as long as they are both good quality. If you're concerned about color, you can always spray paint them to match.

Seems like the easiest option for you is to go 15mm w/ mounted bolts.

I forgot to ask, are you AWD? Your rear suspension might be different compared to mine as my car is FWD.
I’m FWD, maybe I should take 20mm with mounted bolts for back for a flush fit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need advice here too
I also want to put 15mm spacer at the rear ,i have a lowering spring set up on my Mazda3 BP as well, just wondering is there any chance rub at the rear? coz it seems like the rear tires are pretty close to the rear fender if goes 15mm spacer.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts