2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Premium Machine Gray Metallic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the OEM black premium hatchback wheels (18x7 +45) and stock tires (215/45R18). I wanted to know what size spacers will get me flush to the fender. I don't want poke. I measured 15mm in the rear and 12mm in the front but I'm not sure if the way I measured is reliable or accurate. A friend had 20mm spacers on his 2012 & 2013 Speed 3 and they were perfect. Not sure how different the suspension width is between the two cars.

BTW, I'm getting extended ARP wheel studs (+20mm in length) Kit #100-7708.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5mm on M6 19" wheels. 225/40. Prokit.
Car looks really good on those wheels. Are they flush to the fender? Hard to tell from the pics. Also, any idea what the width and offset is on those wheels?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just received the extended wheel studs.
Auto part Tool accessory

ARP vs OEM
Screw Brass Metal Fastener Copper

Now I need to figure out what size spacers I'm going to get.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,350 Posts
Car looks really good on those wheels. Are they flush to the fender? Hard to tell from the pics. Also, any idea what the width and offset is on those wheels?
With the lowering springs.. 5mm was as far as I could go.

I actually rubbbed and broke a front fender tab on a dip with them while making a turn. It was an easy fix, but be careful on how far you go. Too far and you will need to roll the fenders or cut them and add a wide body kit.
CK

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Thanks. 7.5" et45 w/ 5mm spacers. Not the aggressive hellaflush, but good enough to not rub w/o tweaks on camber & roll on fenders.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Me, I like your approach Minsanity. Fender-rolling would probably be the last thing I'd ever do on a car . Can you say "incipient corrosion problem"?
Hehe...Thanks. Rolling can compromise the paint, if 1 isn't careful, & will make that space between the panel & lip inaccessible to cleaning. Definitely a corrosion invitation. Some cars do come w/ fenders pre-rolled like the 2019+ BP3.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the lowering springs.. 5mm was as far as I could go.

I actually rubbbed and broke a front fender tab on a dip with them while making a turn. It was an easy fix, but be careful on how far you go. Too far and you will need to roll the fenders or cut them and add a wide body kit.
CK
Yikes. What's your wheel and tire setup? I think the H&R springs have a lower drop than my Eibachs so I'm thinking you're riding lower than I am.

Thanks. 7.5" et45 w/ 5mm spacers. Not the aggressive hellaflush, but good enough to not rub w/o tweaks on camber & roll on fenders.

Cool, thanks for the info. So your setup is a bit different in that you have a taller and wider wheel as mine but with the same offset.

Me, I like your approach Minsanity. Fender-rolling would probably be the last thing I'd ever do on a car 😐. Can you say "incipient corrosion problem"?
Plenty of people roll their fenders without problem. Luckily for me, as minsanity pointed out, my fenders are already rolled from the factory :cool:. That said, I still don't look forward to doing any cutting.

I'm going to do as a friend recommended; get some cheap spacers from the auto parts store and test out different spacing.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. So your setup is a bit different in that you have a taller and wider wheel as mine but with the same offset.
I'm going to do as a friend recommended; get some cheap spacers from the auto parts store and test out different spacing.
I'm currently back to 19x8.5 et45 w/ 225/40s.
Look for hubcentric spacers, not those universal ones, to try on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm currently back to 19x8.5 et45 w/ 225/40s.
Look for hubcentric spacers, not those universal ones, to try on.
Looks sick, man. The spacers I finally get will be hub centric, for sure.

20MM will get you totally flush. I have 25MM and they are a bit poked out.
That's the conclusion I'm coming to. What year is your car and what's your wheel/tire setup? Any rubbing or issues? Did you have to cut anything? TIA

·
Rubber side down
279 Posts
I have a set of 15mm aluminum spacers if you would like to purchase them. Sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Four spacers, two of which are NOT hub centric as they were from a previous vehicle so the hub bore is oversized. Good condition. I drove aggressively on these through mountain twisties and they held up great. No extended studs necessary. See image below:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a set of 15mm aluminum spacers if you would like to purchase them. Sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Four spacers, two of which are NOT hub centric as they were from a previous vehicle so the hub bore is oversized. Good condition. I drove aggressively on these through mountain twisties and they held up great. No extended studs necessary. See image below:
Thanks, but I just ordered a set earlier today.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only rubbing is from the fender being too low. Since they are rolled from the factory, it doesn't damage the tire too much. I think the 5mm difference would've made it perfect. I have wheels on order so I'm only running the spacers til I can mount those wheels up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only rubbing is from the fender being too low. Since they are rolled from the factory, it doesn't damage the tire too much. I think the 5mm difference would've made it perfect. I have wheels on order so I'm only running the spacers til I can mount those wheels up.
Are you on lowering springs? I just ordered 15mm spacers but maybe I should have gone with 20mm. Oh well, it will still be a huge improvement.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,350 Posts
You can also go with a slightly wider tire. I went from 215 to 225/45/18 and removed the 5mm spacers on my gen 3 and it looks pretty similar to how it was with the spacers on and the 215 tire.

Can't wait for my Enkei wheels to arrive. I had to order them from Japan.
CK

1 - 20 of 44 Posts