2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a question for the southern California Mazda drivers.

I'm looking to put an intake, exhaust and motor mount inserts on my car. Do any of you have a recommendation for a shop to take it to for install? I have a good exhaust shop around the corner so I'm mainly wondering about the intake and motor mount inserts.

I know of places but thought I'd get more input in case there's a better place out there.

I've been driving Hondas for the past 11 years and I'm only familiar with Honda tuner shops :-:shocked:

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do it yourself? The intake is INSANELY easy to install. I"m not familliar with the MM inserts but I'd try to install myself before I would pay labor.

Just my .02

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good input, I was thinking of trying the intake install it myself. Never done that but I have mechanically inclined friends who are happy to help in exchange for beer :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Me and my buddy did mine in about 20 minutes.
We both have experience on stuff like that but still lol, we wasted more time digging for tools than we did actually working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured a short ram intake is pretty easy. My Integra had a CAI and that was a horrible pain in the ass. I ended up taking it to a shop.

Thanks, you've inspired me to give it a try on my own :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The rear motor mount/inserts are extremely easy as well. Took longer to get the car up on ramps than it did to replace the motor mount itself. The only thing you'll need that you might not have on had is a torque wrench and Loctite.

Definitely give the DIY a try...you'll not only save some $$ but you'll learn about your car in the process :yes:.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm always afraid I'll break the car hehe. I have plenty of mechanic friends who are willing to help out, and I'm thankful for that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
As someone who did their first intake install themselves, it's intimidating to look at. Corksport provides GREAT instructions for how to do the install, and I believe they even offer video's. I'm sure it was more intimidating seeing as I did the install at night, completely dark, with my cell phone and a flash light as light sources... haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts