2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I added the vibration dampeners to the outer door panels, placed some closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl on the interior door panel.
The interior door panel does not clip on all the way. The top ones do, but there's too much material for the bottom clips to stay shut. I can close the door by rolling down the windows using that as a door handle (when I pull on the door handle by the armrest, the interior panel comes off).

Also, the auto down/up isn't working anymore for the driver's side window.

It's a much better setup with the MLV and CCF. Whereas before I felt like I was surrounded by road noise, I hear a lot more coming through the floors and from the passenger side area.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Not sure why you went with that approach installing the Sound deadening materiel.
The installation against the doors out shell is really the better place and easier place to install such material. If you have other vibration or rattles in the door each one should be separate addressed with as little materiel or securing items as not to cause any interference with the doors operating mechanisms.

Here is after I did my front doors only. Since this video I have done the rear and the next plan is the complete interior floor pan and trunk area.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a 'build log' on SoundDeadenerShowdown where they put the sound deadening material there.

I put the adhesive tiles against the actual metal door panel. It's helped a little with the vibration of the metal panels. The CCF/MLV is more for actually masking the ambient sound, but I found that it did more to quell the cheap hollow sounds than the Noico butyl sheets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts