2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2017 Touring 2.5 manual in Soul Red. It's in port right now and should be delivered in the next 1-2 weeks. I was pretty set on the OEM Mazda Dark Alloy wheels, but after looking through and reading a lot of threads, I'm beginning to consider aftermarket wheels. I really like the color of the OEM Dark Alloy wheels, but I'm not exactly sure what name that color is aftermarket wheels. I see Hyper Black, Hyper Silver, Black, Bronze, Gun Metal etc...

Can you guys who have more experience with aftermarket wheels chime in and let me know what color would be closest to the Dark Alloy?

Also, I'd love to see pictures of other Soul Red cars with various wheels. If you have one and would like to show it off, please post it in this thread.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Here are the '16 Mazda6 GT wheels. Some people call them gunmetal, others call them hyper silver. They do take on the hue of what is around them. During the daytime they look lighter, in the dusk darker, and at night when headlights hit them they look quite dark.

They're definitely not as dark as the "dark alloys" Mazda refers to with the ones you buy for the 3, but you get the idea.

To answer your question though, I've always stayed with some form of OEM wheel, so I don't have a great deal of experience with defining aftermarket color options. Your question is a valid one though, I have no idea what you'd call that color...Hyper Black maybe, but even then I think the Mazda wheels are darker than hyper black...

Attachments

Reactions: AVL thumper

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are the '16 Mazda6 GT wheels. Some people call them gunmetal, others call them hyper silver. They do take on the hue of what is around them. During the daytime they look lighter, in the dusk darker, and at night when headlights hit them they look quite dark.

They're definitely not as dark as the "dark alloys" Mazda refers to with the ones you buy for the 3, but you get the idea.
Those look nice with the Soul Red. It's tough to tell a difference on a computer monitor between the gunmetal, hyper silver, and hyper black.

I can't seem to find anyplace around here that stocks wheels....but they can all order them!

Thanks for posting. It's very helpful.

·
Registered
15 Posts

To answer your question though, I've always stayed with some form of OEM wheel, so I don't have a great deal of experience with defining aftermarket color options. Your question is a valid one though, I have no idea what you'd call that color...Hyper Black maybe, but even then I think the Mazda wheels are darker than hyper black...
Wow that's nice. This was a good choice.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Thanks to @USCTrojan4JC, we have this picture of a Soul Red Metallic with the 18" Mazda accessory dark alloy wheels (PN # B45B-V3-810).

That is going to be exactly what our Mazda 3 will look like (in its summer wheels).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to @USCTrojan4JC, we have this picture of a Soul Red Metallic with the 18" Mazda accessory dark alloy wheels (PN # B45B-V3-810).

That is going to be exactly what our Mazda 3 will look like (in its summer wheels).
I found that photo doing an image search online...looks great with the red. Add some tint in the windows, and I think it's about perfect!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very nice! What brand/model?

Also, what spoiler is that? It looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are Lenea Corse wheels lc818 wheels:)

Not sure on the spoiler:/

But yeah, car looks awesome!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked up my 2017 Touring 2.5 manual transmission...special order took close to 6 weeks. Purchased a set of oem dark alloy wheels while I waited. Window tint on Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Window tint is gonna make it pop. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts