2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soon to be MS3 owner

Hey guys

Im in the process of getting into a 2010 MS3. Just deciding on silver or black! Ill tell you the car surprised the shit out of me. I was looking at the ms3, wrx, and gti. VW is just ridiculous so i bagged that idea. Now its down the the wrx and the ms3. Leaning towards the ms3 since subaru seems to not have any sort of good financing!

I am new to turbo cars. Previously owned two mustang cobras. A 94 and the most recent a 2003. Sold them both to purchase a house. Now with my lease ending on my honda im looking to get into something a little fun while i save to get another mustang.

So other than driving it for a bit and getting used to the car where do i start with mods cause the bug is itching me already and i dont even have the car!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
This story sounds all too familiar. I had a 96 Mustang GT for my first car, and a couple of vehicles later I ended up with a 2003 Cobra. I decided that if I didn't get rid of it, that I was never going to save any money for a house, drag racing was just too addicting. So, I sold it and bought a beater.

Now, two years after the marriage and the house, we finally have another fun car. I don't have much experience with turbo cars, but I know from buddies of mine that do that one of the best things to start with is a turbo timer. Letting that thing run after you park so that the turbos can cool is going to get old really quick without one. We just bought ours today, and I'm already looking for one, lol. Good luck with your choice, and I hope that you can get one really soon. We love the Speed 3 and couldn't be happier with our choice.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Out of the 3 cars you were looking at, I would of got the WRX for performance. I was going to get a WRX, but couldn't pass up the lease deal I got on my Mazda 3. Are you looking to lease or buy? Right now 2010 WRX 4 door's are a awesome lease special!

As for mods on the speed3, intake and exhaust are the best place to start, then I'd start looking into stickier tires and suspension mods.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
On the subaru website the lease special is quoted at $279/mo for 42 months with $1500 drive off. You should be able to work the deal to close or better for 36 months with the same or less drive off. They are trying to get rid of the 2010's now because the 2011's have new body styles.

What lease quotes have you been getting on the speed3 and wrx?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the subaru website the lease special is quoted at $279/mo for 42 months with $1500 drive off. You should be able to work the deal to close or better for 36 months with the same or less drive off. They are trying to get rid of the 2010's now because the 2011's have new body styles.

What lease quotes have you been getting on the speed3 and wrx?
Yeah most car websites say stuff like that and you get there and they dont have that car!

The dealers around me only seem to have the wrx limited which is a 30k car. Lease isnt anywhere near what the website says. The wrx leases were actually worse than leasing an sti!

On the speed i have been seeing $1900 down and around 299 a month for 36 months. I have a couple more dealers i am going to check out this weekend.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Do you walk into the dealership or go through the internet dept? $1900 drive off is probably including $1000 cap cost reduction. I would only pay drive off fees which would be about $900 and it would make your payment about $27 more a month, but you would have $1000 bux for mods. BTW, where are you located at?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you walk into the dealership or go through the internet dept? $1900 drive off is probably including $1000 cap cost reduction. I would only pay drive off fees which would be about $900 and it would make your payment about $27 more a month, but you would have $1000 bux for mods. BTW, where are you located at?
Went to the dealers

$1900 is tax, bank fee, first payment, and then i need to transfer my plates plates. Of course i can roll it all into my lease which im considering doing.
Im not super concerned about mod money right away because it will be a new car that i want to get familiar with

Lond Island NY

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Went to the dealers

$1900 is tax, bank fee, first payment, and then i need to transfer my plates plates. Of course i can roll it all into my lease which im considering doing.
Im not super concerned about mod money right away because it will be a new car that i want to get familiar with

Lond Island NY
E-mail their internet department through a site like edmunds.com. The internet department is designed to move cars. You get the bottom line pricing and can have dealers low ball each other to get your business. Thats what I have done all the times I bought a new car. I owned a independent dealership for a few years and know more about leasing vehicles then most finance managers at the dealership know.

Feel free to PM me with quotes you get regarding residual %, money factors, down payments, etc and I'll let you know if you are getting a good deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts