2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been adding a few accents since I bought the car a few months ago. I put new wheels on after buying it and painted the calipers and added the Mazda letting on them. I just put a front lip on, blacked out the emblems front and back, removed the front plate, added a 2.5L emblem in the front and a GT emblem in the back. Testing out the blue for the rear plate frame and the front fog light housings. I plan on adding blue tipped tail pipes that will protrude from the rear diffuser in the near future. (You can see where I chalked it out on the left rear)
Also added OEM scuff plates to all four doors today, will post shots later.

Here's a couple of photos:

·
Engineer / Scientist
183 Posts
what's wrong with your mazda emblems? It looks like someone colored them with a black crayon..

·
Registered
988 Posts
Looks nice! May I suggest wrapping or painting all the chrome trim pieces? The car will look cleaner and sharper if you go that way, unless of course you like chrome accents.

Also too bad you decided not to lower the car, but I'm sure you did what was right for you. I have been on Eibach's and KONI FDS's for the last week and wow! does the car feel like stock or even better! Keep those mods coming! :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, David. Yeah, I've been thinking of black Plastidipping the front chrome "U" piece and maybe the fog light bezels.. may give it a go.

As to the lowering.. yes, I was going to do exactly that, finally decided I was going to go with the Eibach's and the FSD's just as you did then I discovered, after adding the front lip, that I could barley clear the street shoulder drain ditch leaving our sloping driveway, even going at an angle in and out. If I had done the lowering I wouldn't have been able to get in and out of our drive at all.. really to bad as I really wanted to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What front lip is that? Cars looking good! I'm going to put the bayson r front lip and h&r springs on once spring arrives... I have everything sitting in my basement and it hurts to look at it everyday

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the Bayson R lip for about $100 with shipping. It arrived quickly and safely in a very large box. Fit was almost perfect. I drove the front wheels up on some wood ramps I made years ago to get it about 12" off the ground so I could get a screw guy underneath, then I propped up the lip with pieces of 2x4 wood and adjustable car jacks with shims, one on each side and one in the middle to hold it in place. There is one plug in the wheel well on each side that is replaced with a longer one in the kit. The under side of the lip attaches to the bumper with self driving screws. The whole installation was really easy, except for the wheel well plugs. They only included two and they are hard to force through the lip and into the sheet metal.

Here's the ramps I used made out of scrap wood

1 - 8 of 8 Posts