2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 GT and these bose speakers just rip through the doors. I’ve replaced the door handle and door grommets on the doors but rattles still seem to make it through on certain bass notes. This deteriorates the entire experience. I mean the speakers are decent.. but I can’t figure out a way to stop the rattles. Has anybody done anything or figured out a solution to stop rattling?

Note: Most of the rattles come from the glossy trim where the door handle sits but then, still, the entire door just becomes a rattlebox.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOOL it’s not the speakers man. I had that issue you’re referring to - where the speaker separates. I’m talking about the door itself. I just had the speakers replaced because i had the issue before. Now it’s the doors; not the speakers. So annoying.

·
Registered
181 Posts
LOOL it’s not the speakers man. I had that issue you’re referring to - where the speaker separates. I’m talking about the door itself. I just had the speakers replaced because i had the issue before. Now it’s the doors; not the speakers. So annoying.
I feel you bro. I've used some polyester laminated aluminium foil and foam all over the door. Helps a lot but does not eliminate entirely. I definitely recommend doing this. Basses are so much strong and clear. Helps a bit to road noise as well.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
good solutions.. I thought about using quick dry latex chalking on all movable plastic pieces.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Okay sorry, in that case i don't know....but if its like Tarahumara is showing i'd rather buy a new car than do all that lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts