2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
Thats fine your entitled to your own opinion.. but I would say the opposite.. the Materials Mazda has used are way above the competition... and 1000's of people have 2019 3's with 0 issues like myself... unfortunately you got a lemon does not mean its the same for everyone.. I love my 3.
I didn't get a lemon. The car started and drove just fine. Maybe your car was made with better materials than mine. When I opened the glove box, I could see and feel that it was made of soda bottle plastic. When I put my finger on top of the dash above the glove box and push down- I could feel that it was hollow below. When I pushed down on the door arm rest it was too squishy. When I put my finger on the outside C pillar metal panel it flexed like two sheets of tin foil. Even the hood prop was flimsy. Not sure how your car does not have these same characteristics. For me this is unacceptable. To each his own.

I should have inspected the car much better before I bought it- my fault. Mazda has a good reputation for quality so I did not think it was necessary. Lesson learned.

The competition does use better materials (better than my Mazda3 for sure). I am car shopping again and can confirm this first hand.

I can also attest to this. The overall quality of materials feels poor. The other day when I was washing my car, the body was soft and flimsy. When i push the sponge on it, it literally flexed inward. Also contemplating if I want to change cars, because I like driving cars for a long time(last car was a 04 CRV) and I don't know if the Mazda will last that long

I’m not getting rid of my car that quickly but my next car within the next few months or early next year will either be the Mazda CX-30 or the Buick encore GX or perhaps the Rav4. I’m finding that because I am 74 years old now the 3 is giving me a little bit of challenge getting in/out of the low profile car, and some of my friends say the same. Some times it’s tough getting old

That's a shame man. If all that happened to me i'd feel the same way.

My '16 has been very solid, except for the dealer added appearance package up front, but i'm partly to blame for that from curbing it.

I’m not getting rid of my car that quickly but my next car within the next few months or early next year will either be the Mazda CX-30 or the Buick encore GX or perhaps the Rav4. I’m finding that because I am 74 years old now the 3 is giving me a little bit of challenge getting in/out of the low profile car, and some of my friends say the same. Some times it’s tough getting old
My Parents are the same age as you and they sold their 2016 Mazda 3 for a 2019 CX-5 and love it they had the same issue because of there age.. Just cars are to low for them to get in and out of at their age!! But they love the Cx-5 because it handles like a car.. and my Father raced cars so he loves the driving dynamics of Mazda they are just fun to drive!

Well then, you'll just have to get an MX-5. With the top down you can just step into the car and slide down into the seat, and getting out is just as easy......:smile2:

Well then, you'll just have to get an MX-5. With the top down you can just step into the car and slide down into the seat, and getting out is just as easy......:smile2:
Yeah that’s funny because I tried the MX-5 before I bought the Mazda 3 and boy oh boy was that a tight squeeze, because I’m not only older but I am 6 foot 3. I love the interior of the Mazda 3 so the CX-5 was off my list. The CX-30 might be the way to go. Has the same interior as the Mazda 3

I don’t blame you one bit. Anyone here who does is a delusional Mazda fan boy. I’d be pissed. Difference is I would have worked my ass off to get my full refund back or closer to it. Regardless, I don’t blame you and I’m very glad I bought the ‘18 model for rock bottom pricing, been very good. Honestly, if you are testing cars in same segment sadly for 25k you will struggle to do much better unless you wanna drop more cash. Maybe Honda Civic.

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
Today I took a ride in the Mini Cooper Hardtop two door and four door. Wow - what a car. Solid materials all around, thick body panels, no flimsy plastics, just a really well made car. Pressed each body panel with my finger and they was no bending. Opened the hood and it felt solid and yes it had hood struts instead of a cheap hood prop. It was easier to get in and out and it drives so well. On the highway the steering on the Mazda3 felt a bit light, with the Cooper it feels supremely stable and confident. The three cylinder with turbo blows away the Mazda3 four cylinder in all aspects. It even gets better gas mileage. Mini offers three years of free maintenance as well. This one is definitely a contender. The best part is that it's even less expensive than the Mazda3. Unbelievable!

Today I took a ride in the Mini Cooper Hardtop two door and four door. Wow - what a car. Solid materials all around, thick body panels, no flimsy plastics, just a really well made car. Pressed each body panel with my finger and they was no bending. Opened the hood and it felt solid and yes it had hood struts instead of a cheap hood prop. It was easier to get in and out and it drives so well. On the highway the steering on the Mazda3 felt a bit light, with the Cooper it feels supremely stable and confident. The three cylinder with turbo blows away the Mazda3 four cylinder in all aspects. It even gets better gas mileage. Mini offers three years of free maintenance as well. This one is definitely a contender. The best part is that it's even less expensive than the Mazda3. Unbelievable!
This is a joke, right?

For what its worth, I would not touch a mini with a 10 foot pole. Nothing but troubles.
Mini has good build quality? That's a first
This. Its a BMW and has the associated repair issues and costs.
I was beginning to think you were delusional. Now I'm sure.
I have suspected that this was a troll from the beginning, now I more sure than ever...

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.