2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have there been any software updates for MY15 Mazda3 that the dealer can do? I'm talking infotainment and the general engine computer. I service it myself so it doesn't see a workshop or dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Mazda 3 with the infotainment system. It appears that the car is now out of warranty and now I am having issues with my back-up camera, it would have errors or completely not turn on when the car is in reverse gear. I have recently rolled my firmware back to the factory default (original) with the hopes to fix the problem, but sadly disappointed.
Now when I contact my dealership they will charge me hundreds of dollars, first for basic inspection and then more money to update the firmware.
Is there a way I can download the latest available firmware/software onto a flash drive and update it myself on my Mazda 3?

Please advise.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Both Seggle02 and spangda....

could you please post a screen shot (or just list them) of your software versions and tell us where in the world you are located

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a 2015 Mazda 3 with the infotainment system. It appears that the car is now out of warranty and now I am having issues with my back-up camera, it would have errors or completely not turn on when the car is in reverse gear. I have recently rolled my firmware back to the factory default (original) with the hopes to fix the problem, but sadly disappointed.
It's probably not a software problem at all. You probably have a bad camera, or some kind of faulty electrical connection between the camera and the infotainment system.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Likely faulty camera, mine failed thankfully within warranty. The first step the dealer did was to disconnect the battery for a while. Clears the computer. Probably won't help but worth a shot.

If it's only the backup camera, the infotainment is likely fine. I'd grab a multimeter and test wiring resistance. It's a pain, but you want to rule out wiring.

After that the camera is about the only option. Not too difficult to replace but I don't imagine the part is cheap.

Take a quick video of what is going on and post it here. It'll give us a much better idea of what is going on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There's been a couple updates on the TCM(transmission) and PCM(powertrain) since I bought my 2014 hatch 2.5L(JM1BM) and I did them myself with a aftermarket Mazda/Ford VCMII and IDS on Windows. The only difference I noticed was after the second time I updated the modules, the transmission stuttered less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts