2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 2015 Mazda 3 which has extended warranty and the FW version is 33.

I want to update to 70, but before I call dealers, I would like to know how much should I expect to pay.

I live in Ontario.

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you complain that your navi freezes and after restart the whole settings (Centerpoint for example) get reset they should update it free of charge.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
Why do you need a dealer to do it? The process is fairly simple (not sure if you can go 33->70 or if you have to go 33->5x->70.

All you need is a way to download the specific files and a flash drive to run it from your car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes you can upgrade to 70. I did with my Axela. Don't upgrade to 70 if you're looking to use AIO. I upgraded to 70 for language purposes and I'm told I cant downgrade to use AIO :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I want to update to 70, but before I call dealers, I would like to know how much should I expect to pay.

I live in Ontario.

Thanks!
From what I understand reading here on the forums, the dealer will not upgrade to v70 unless it's part of the AA/CP upgrade which they do not offer yet for Mazda 3. You better upgrade yourself as it's pretty easy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My problem updating by myself is that I think I lose the warranty if anything happens, right?

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is correct. You can make almost sure that nothing bad will happen though. Hook the battery to a battery charger to be sure the battery won’t die during the update. Copy update files and check their checksums (md5, sha1, ...) to be sure they’re not corrupt. Follow the update instructions very carefully (usual problems are doing restart between the failsafe and the actual update, not resetting the idle timer by pressing the clutch (manual) or brake (automatic) often enough). If you do all this properly chances that you’ll be successful are higher than when the dealer does it. But when he bodges it he’ll have to fix it too. Fw 70 is nicer than the one the dealer would install but not by much and if you’re not completely sure you know what to do just let the dealer install the fw 59 for you for free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I think I will wait until AA/CP is officially out in Canada so I can install them all in one shot.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
Yes you can upgrade to 70. I did with my Axela. Don't upgrade to 70 if you're looking to use AIO. I upgraded to 70 for language purposes and I'm told I cant downgrade to use AIO :(
AIO still works with V70. There are just a few tweaks that are currently not compatible. If you install ID7 recovery on a pre 59.00.502 version then you will be able to install tweaks like normal. If you are >=59.00.502, you will have to do the Serial Tweak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi!

I live in Ontario.

Thanks!
I just updated my 2015 Mazda 3 to 70 tonight because my AA/CP kit is shipped today from VA. I went from 33 to 55 (got the car 6 months ago). Installed AIO 4 months ago. Ordered the AA/CP kit last night. Getting ready for the weekend project. I am using both Android and iOS phones. Should be fun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got it from Priority Mazda.
The price has gone up since I order mine. This is my second post and I cannot use URL link, search for 'Priority Mazda 0000-8F-Z34'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just saw mazdanyparts(dot)com has the same parts number 0000-8F-Z34 but the price is better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Installed the AA/CP kit on Saturday and tested CP on Sunday. Pandora and XM worked better than I expected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed the AA/CP kit on Saturday and tested CP on Sunday. Pandora and XM worked better than I expected.

Nice!!! It’s totally worth it, right??? I installed the software and kit yesterday on our CX-9. Loving it.

I did the serial hack too and can confirm that AIO works on v70.

And to the OP... it’s easy updating software yourself. Instructions are super easy to follow. I can see why you’d be a little hesitant doing it for the first time. But it’s really hard to mess it up if you can read and follow instructions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I asked this same question to my local dealer yeaterday...just under £50 (UK) to update from any software version to the latest one available is what I was advised.

I hear it’s easy to do yourself...we haven’t got our car yet but will be researching this a bit more to see if I dare have a go at it myself ?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
I asked this same question to my local dealer yeaterday...just under £50 to update from any software version to the latest one available is what I was advised.

I hear it’s easy to do yourself...we haven’t got our car yet but will be researching this a bit more to see if I dare have a go at it myself ?
Not to offend anyone on the DiY process of Aa/Cp. The factors I decided to have the dealer update @ $144. :

Interface parts/wires to order, warranty coverage, CMU price $1500+ cdn and the time to learn the process.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts