2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Finally fixed my issue with my passenger side brake pipe. I got everything together and bled. Altogether I replaced the calipers (powder coated), replaced rubber lines with stainless, and the brake pipe mentioned before.

Bled in this order - right rear, left rear, right front, left front.

Here is my problem. While the car is off I have a firm pedal. It feels really nice. However, once I start the car it is really soft. It does not go down to the floor, but it does not feel good until at least halfway. So what did I do wrong? There should be no air in the master cylinder and there have not been any bubbles from the calipers. Fluid reservoir is full. Any ideas? Wrong bleed order?

Thank you!

John

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sounds normal to me. The pedal feel changes aka get's softer when you turn the engine on because you have power brakes. You can certainly try a rebleed of the brakes and look for air bubbles in the fluid. The bleed order you did was correct.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just throwing this out there, but maybe it's in your head? A lot of people bleed their brakes expecting to get a firmer pedal and when they don't get it they feel somehow it's softer than it was before, but in reality it's not. If you're convinced it's not in your head and the pedal is significantly softer than before you probably have air in the system and you need to rebleed the brakes. If you haven't already, I'd invest in a Motive Power Bleeder. Makes the job a snap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts