2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Resident MacGyver
2,249 Posts
Compared to other cars in this category, the Bose system isn't too bad. Just wish it had more base. Hey Derrick, how is that mold coming along for the sub?
I'm going to wait to order the sub until I have tires for the new wheels. I want to have the new sub before I make the enclosure to avoid fitment/clearance issues. It shouldn't be too long. Maybe 2-3 weeks.

· Registered
229 Posts
do any of you guys know where i can get some new plugs i broke a few when i was removing the panel

· Smells of Elderberries
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
What size are all the speakers, front door, rear door and hatch area, the ones in the pics look like 4x6 but Crutchfields web site lists all round speakers for the 2010.
The front and rear door speakers where 5x7 in my sport hatch (what you see pictured) and I replaced them with Alpine type s 5x7/ 6x8. 5-1/4" round should work I think but you will need a adaptor ring to close the gap, unless they changed the shape of the opening in the doors for the speakers.
Depending on the size of the magnet you may need to use a spacer to keep from interfering with the window operation. Not sure about the sub that comes with the Bose setup.

Crutchfield lists that the Alpine typeS 5x7/6x8 dont fit...but all I had to do was shim them out 3/8" to get the magnet to clear.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-laYfcCLB0mi/p_500SPS57C2/Alpine-SPS-57C2.html

Reactions: kel8kel

· Registered
173 Posts
jackf,

What system do you have, Bose, Standard with six speakers or standard with four speakers. The reason I ask is that I see in some of the pictures posted in this thread show what appears to be a 4x6 or 5x7 and one picture shows a round speaker. Just wondering if there were differences in size with standard systems and Bose.

Attachments

· Smells of Elderberries
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have the Standard 6 spk. w/ 5x7's I belive the one with the round speakers is mounted to a "adaptor" and the acual opening in the door is 5x7

· Registered
710 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.